Scooby Guru

Member#: 832
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
99 2.5RS, '85 911
'73 914 and 2012 BRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by *subaru or nothing*
Well, as for the price of rebuilding i am not too worried about that because i work in an auto parts store so i get parts at extremely good prices and i also have a very close family friend who owns a mechanics shop and i know many other people who own shops. so i dont think money will be the problem.for the most part i will keep it stock,i will bore it a little bit and try to get a aftermarket camshaft and things like that, but i am not going all out on this engine, as i do not need a whole lot more power in that little car, but if i was to buy a 2.2 i would try to get as much power as possible out of it to try to match a 2.5.
Ok, so let's say you get your parts for rebuild for $600 instead of $80 because you have parts accounts. But then you are going to spend $200-500 on cams and $500 minimum on pistons to overbore it. It still not going to be "cheap" whether or not you don't think you are building a monster. Suit yourself. It's a lot of money to spend when you can buy a good used engine for the same or less. But sometimes the fun of the build is more important than the bottom line cost...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Matt Monson is offline   Reply With Quote