79letour
*** Banned ***

Member#: 302570
Vehicle:
2013 XV
DGM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmamba24kb View Post
forgot to update...i took my car in and got them to repaint the front bumper and now it matches better. initially the corporate rep (just happen to make a visit) was trying to show me how all the new cars on the lot in swp also had the discoloration or uneven paint match "thus" its normal. i told him ive had several white cars and none has ever done this. just because all the cars have the same issue (although they were as off as mines) doesnt mean there isnt an issue. He said he would address it with corporate but possibly its due to paint on metal (body) adheres differently to plastic (bumper). anyways he said he would do it as a one time courtesy and had it repainted.

its definitely better than having a yellowish bumper, it hasnt discolored since so i think its really a manufacturing paint issue or paint process issue.
I worked in autobody back in the 90's. pearl white is a very tough color to match and if the. bumper was painted seperate from the car, it wont really *match* 100%. Remember the Cadillac Allante?It had a gorgeous white pearl paint available. There was also a set of ppg videos and books about matching Cadillac Allante pearl white. Its not that the plastics and the adherence cause the difference, its that the paint has to be sprayed and layered the same for a good match. Adhesion promoters are used on the plastic parts, but the color difference is likely from thin, poorly matched factory paint. just my 2¢.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
79letour is offline   Reply With Quote