Old 10-25-2012, 01:51 PM   #1
sc00ter
Scooby Guru

Member#: 117767
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2014 Audi S4
DP Stage 2 (~420whp)

Default Is it absolutely necessary to remove TMIC to install boost gauge?

I've purchased an SMY dual gauge bezel as well as a Prosport Electronic Boost gauge. and I am just about ready to go through the install, which seems pretty straight forward.

I've read about 10 threads and watched a few Youtube videos on it. The wiring and tapping the T fitting into the vac line of the BPV shouldn't prove too difficult.

However, the one part of this whole process that is making me dread the install is the removal of the TMIC. I understand that getting the TMIC to fit snug back onto the turbo/intake manifold can be a real bitch without a second set of hands. Removing the TMIC to feed a single wire through the grommet seems ridiculous to me. I'm also nervous because I was previously plagued with a couple boost leaks which have since been fixed. The last thing I want to do is create another leak during this process.

Anyway, my question here is have any of you with '02-'07 WRX/STI's successfully fed the wire through the grommet behind the TMIC without removing the TMIC? Is it easily accessible or do I have to just suck it up and remove the TMIC?

If I do end up having to remove the TMIC, can I reuse the BPV gasket again or is it necessary for me to buy a new one?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
sc00ter is offline   Reply With Quote