Friendly Neighbourhood

Member#: 269
Chapter/Region: VIC
Vehicle:
2005 ABP LGT LTD BP6
00 Impreza RS GM6 RIP

Here's my rule when driving my RS in the snow:

<b>DON'T BE AN IDIOT!</b>

Simple as that. Yes, with AWD it may be easier to get started/harder to get stuck, but when it all comes down to the physics of it all, you're in the same boat whether you drive a dinky FWD car, or a big rig. Stopping distances DO increase in the ice/snow, and turning speed is DRASTICALLY reduced in low-traction conditions. Don't be an idiot and complain that "the slow FWD xxx was driving sooo slow at 10mph..." while tailing the guy.

When it snows here in Vancouver, people go into "idiot" mode, drive really slow and tailgate each other!! Makes me sick! In snow, I ALWAYS drive at the limit that keeps me well in control of my vehicle. Who when another driver decides to slam on his brakes and spin out.

Anywayz, as for doing the crazies in the snow, I save that for special locations -- like my university's large empty parking lots! With nobody around in a large area, there's lotz of safe space to do 4-wheel drifts, doughnuts, power slides, and all sorts of fun stuff! I just don't do that on the streets.

Drive safe everyone! The beauty of AWD isn't licence for us to turn off our brains!

LaterZ!
Darren!!

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Penphoe is offline   Reply With Quote