View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 08:22 PM   #100
redelvis
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 303234

I'm strongly considering buying a 2012 Impreza 5-door (likely the sport premium). They have not arrived in my part of the country yet so I have no way of checking them out. However, looking at photos the Impreza seems to sit fairly low and I was curious as to what a good option would be for a bit of a lift. Im primarily looking to get more clearance from the body, not so much interested in large tires. Just hoping to lessen the odds of ripping off my lower front bumper when driving on forest service roads, entering/exiting steep driveways ( I live in the mountains), or hitting a large chuck of ice that has dislodged from someone's wheel well on the highway (which is possible 9 months out of the year here).

Id guess that 2 inches would suffice. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Also, Im looking for a way to do this that doesn't involve using springs from a 1998 Forester with 2004 Outback struts with 2007 WRX arm brackets, etc. Im not too worried about performance losses as I am a fairly conservative driver and not a high speed cornering addict. Basically, Im looking for a fairly simple solution for my desires. Thanks again!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
redelvis is offline   Reply With Quote