Forged Performance
Former Vendor

Member#: 227509
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2015 Subaru STi
Galaxy Blue

Default Forged Performance: NAGTROC VIR Track Day

This past weekend was an exciting and busy weekend for the Forged Performance Team. We loaded up our two car hauler with the GT3 and a customers GT-R to head up to the world reknown Virginia International Raceway. Our original plan was to arrive Sunday for the pre-game meet and greet for the 3rd Annual Forged Performance and North American GT-R Owners Track Day on Monday. That all changed we we got word of the NARRA Viper Cup being held on Sunday. Plans got quickly changed and Sharif and crew headed up Saturday to spend some time on VIR playing with Vipers. I personally was not able to make it but from what I heard it was a really great day at the track. Dodge had some of their factory sponsored race cars out and everybody got a decent amount of track time in.

Ryan@Forged and I met up Sunday morning, loaded up his HKS GT800 equipped GT-R and started our 6 hour journey to VIR.

We arrived at the Forged Performance/NAGTROC Track Day just in time for the pre-event dinner and meet. During dinner we were fortunate to have Carl Phillips, head of marketing for the Nissan GT-R join us. Many things were discussed from rumors of extremely high performance versions of the GT-R to warranty issues to the possibility of the R36 GT-R. If you were not able to make it then you missed out on a lot of very interesting information pertaining to the evolution of the GT-R.

After dinner we made our way to the Paddock area where I noticed Carl had brought out my personal favorite R35 GT-R: the Deep Blue Pearl Black Edition! Nissan released photos of this car months ago and while I was happy to see new color options I did not fall in love with the Deep Blue Pearl until about a month ago when a customer stopped by the shop in his. The color looks infinitely better in person. So out came the strobes and I went to work.

While I had the strobes out I also got a shot of MC's 2012 Black Edition, which was the 1st production Black Edition for sale to the public.

After my quick shoot we headed to the VIR Lodge which overlooks turn six. It is very cool to have your hotel only a few feet from the track! All of the attendees were staying at the Lodge which made for a great social environment. Beers were cracked open, drinks were made and it was a really fun time with great company. Of course we all exercised some self control and forced ourselves to our rooms by midnight to get some sleep.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Forged Performance; 07-14-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Forged Performance is offline   Reply With Quote