View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 02:46 PM   #249
FATCanuck
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 142534

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyDick View Post
No doubt the compound works, the 03/04 Cobra and Ford GT guys that put their blowers back on got huge gains across the board with minimal losses at peak RPM. I don't know that this platform is going to be all that happy about compounding. When the engine cycles are low (RPM) and load is high it's a whole different type of stress on the engine. With the EJ's I have been inside the main saddles almost always show some microwelding... Putting a program together that makes boost down low isn't much different than turning on your nitrous at 2k...
if that 5.4 DOHC Ford motor made the same power per cylinder as one of our EJ25's i can gaurentee that things are not going to look 100% . imagine a street drivin 5.4 that makes 200horsepower per cylinder . thats 1600hp. point being , I dont think thats exactly apples to apples .
Concerning the increased load levels down low however would pose a problem you wouild think . well i ran the car compounded for like a year at least. on a stock motor . with 437whp. with 15psi on the supercharger .and when we took the motor apart the bearings were perfect . Along with the acl race bearings , we have a modified oil pump , and the oiling setup on the crank is now a t-oiling setup . i think we will be fine at 18-20 psi. but at the end of the day its up to the tuner , so it may stay at 15 for all i know but i doubt it . hope that helps .
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
FATCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote