Scooby Newbie

Member#: 232668
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
'11 Sti Limited
Matte White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Ops View Post
Great job man! I truly appreciate the hard work and attention to detail you put into your ride! Absolutely stunning. I have a java black 04 STi and wanted to wrap it for such a long time now. Matte grey maybe. She has lots of little rock chips and such from all the road time. Would those need to be repaired or will the vinyl hide small imperfections?
Thanks alot man! The whole reason i made this thread was for people like you! I have always hated getting on forums and seeing threads that lack so much info and don't have pictures. Pictures are not only great for examples but pictures make EVERYTHING better! So i tried to do my best with this thread and including updates on progress and what not. I appreciate your input!
Danbolsom is correct. 3m Vinyl is only 3.5 mil thick without the backing and adhesive so when you wrap over it you will definitely see a crater for each one. Instead of having for example, the whole bumper repainted, Just get some touch up paint from the dealer and fill the rock chips yourself. You will have to put on multiple layers to fill it up but once it's filled take some wet sand paper to level it out then your good to go! I did this with one rock chip on my hood and one on my fender... Worked great and absolutely no way you can tell they are there. I highly suggest you give it a try because it will save you plenty of $$$.

-Beach
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
BeachZone is offline   Reply With Quote