rallykeith
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 34989
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
06 2.5i wagon
13 BRZ

Default Collision Repair Update

Well, after almost two weeks of nonsense with the insurance company of the guy that hit me, my car is at the dealership being repaired. Here is what has gone on so far.

#1 Even though I got rear-ended while at a stop it took them 6 business days to accept liability and send an adjuster out to look at the car.

#2 Never trust an insurance adjuster. I made arrangements to have the adjuster come at a certain time so that I could let him in the car and go over the car with him. Well, he showed up 5 hours earlier than he was supposed to, while I was sitting at work an hour away. Fortunately someone else was there to let him in the car. BUT, they also called me to tell me he was there and I had them put him on the phone. The adjuster asked me why I needed to be there. I told him that it was because he wasn’t going to get into the car, under the hood, or in the trunk unless someone was there to let him in, and that I wanted to be there to go over things. Well, this apparently upset the adjuster to the point where he went on a 2 minute rant about how he is a state licensed adjuster and it’s his job to report what he sees nothing more nothing less. Anyhow, he does his thing and leaves. I get home, look at the paperwork and well, I was pissed. The idiot wrote the car up as a 2003 WRX. IDIOT! Sorry, I was upset. Anyhow, after talking to the head of the body shop he said not to worry and that they would take care of getting the prices adjusted, so that was done.

#3 The car is still square! The crumple zones did exactly what they are supposed to do, crumple and leave the main chassis unharmed. Talking to the guys in the shop they are amazed at that. The car is bad enough that they are cutting out and replacing the floor pan in the trunk, but the rear suspension didn’t move. I’m very happy about this. I may keep the car forever after all.

#4 They are replacing all of the bumper covers and the fog light covers even though the front probably could be repaired and repainted.

With any luck I’ll have my car by the end of next week or the next. I’ve missed it so much, and it really does hurt when you have to send out a payment on a car you can’t drive!

Keith
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.