Scooby Newbie

Member#: 333423
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Hatch
Dark Gray Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web Foot STi View Post
What is your commute like? West hills, or banana belt down low? Troutdale? Do you absolutely, positively have to get to work on your schedule, or can you take a personal day when the roads are at their worst?

I've found that "just cold" and summer tyres are ok. DO NOT expect much stick. It's the frozen white stuff that can do you in here.

P.S. The air temp may have been in the 40 F range lately in the early am, but the ground is still plenty warm. Don't be lulled into a false sence of security. January can be a whole different game.
Usually just driving around Beaverton. Yes, I need to get to work on time but I was planning on using the Tire Socks if we have snow or ice. Was going to keep them in my car in case I am at work and we get some snow (rarely happens around here!).

I certainly don't expect much stick and definitely am not allowing a lulling into false security. If it's real cold I would drive accordingly. I was more shocked to see Unabomber say anything below 60 degrees "turns summer tires into shopping cart wheels." I am only looking for "okay" with cold and my summer tires...not expecting high performance.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
garzdos is offline   Reply With Quote