Old 10-30-2003, 07:45 PM   #8
Kevin Thomas
Street Racing Instructor

Member#: 110
Vehicle:
1989 1989 XT6

Default Thanks

AdamNDJ,

Thanks for posting. I was at the Delaware DMV with the 1985 RX turbo owner yesterday praying it got through and passed. The car failed on 3 accounts (cracked windshield, emissions, horn didn't work). I was looking to simply replace the O2 sensor, and replace a fuse for the horn to get those fixed but the windshield was going to be another problem altogether because of the $$$ involved in a new one and labor. The owner and I was pretty disappointed to say the least.

Delawares DMV's emissions tests, gas tank pressuring, etc with everthing hooked up to their computers isn't the best experience for everyone. Had the windshield passed, I would've been the new owner of that rare RX. *sigh* So, I'm back to square one again. It sucks! I was really looking forward to having that potential beast in my hands. I already have an air/water intercooler and a celica turbo that may possibly fit it. My ONLY real concern was driving it because it has a manual tranny. I've driven a manual tranny once for about a month, 8 years ago...and was self taught. Oh well!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Kevin Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote