View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 10:24 AM   #37
noreaster
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 208345

Well, HI!

I found this thread by mistake searching for something else in google and read it with interest only to be horrified that this behavior has been going on for so long that the pronouns for the sales amnager has changed! Mr. Singer can defend the dealership all he wants but but the fact that the EXACT SAME ABUSIVE BEHAVIOR is performed by his sales and amnagemnt staff THREE YEARS after the initial postings gives little credit to his defence.

I had always heard good things about Singer so I went in and was looking at an '09 Forester and all was well. I came and went a few times and they were very helpfull and I drove a bunch of cars and we talked about all kinds of things and we had a great time driving cars and talking about things and I went home. I was undesided and that was OK by them. Well, I made up my mind. I stopped in and they kept me there for over three hours "negotiating" and by that I meen using every dirty trick that I have ever heard of car salesmen using and all kinds of tactics that are used to extract information from criminals and enemy spies, trying to get me to buy the car for more money than it was worth. In one instance the value of my trade shot up from a thousand dollars less than it was worth to six hundred dollars MORE than it was worth. That's OK though, while the left hand was doing that the right hand was changeing the "sale price" numbers so I was losing even more. In the end I just agreed so they would let me leave (long after closing) with the understanding that my wife would have to approve the deal. Needless to say, after a bit of food, water and some sleep it was clear that the deal was crap and she said no way! Hell, I wanted the car so I gave it another run the next morning. No go. I called up the salesman who refused to take my call and after I asked to be connected to his voice mail I left him a message letting him know there would be no deal. I thought that we would "part as friends" like the sales manager said, but that was not to be the case.

They called me the next day. The salesman started to argue with me about the situation.. I told him that it didn't matter what he said or what I wanted, the wife said no and that was the end of it. So he started yelling at me.Then, the sales manager is yelling in the back gound telling the salesman what to yell at me about. The manager was calling me names and cursing. This went on for a good ten minuits untill they hung up on me. I never got my deposite back, like they said would happen and we are not "friends" like they said we would be. I hate car salesmen more than ever and trust them less than ever since these guys were suppsedly the best around. Funny thing is that we weren't that far off on price and I didn't have my heart set on that particular car and if they had acted like profesionals instead of toddlers they STILL would have sold a car to me. As it is Iwouldn't buy so much as a quart of oil there and will probably not wind up buying a Subaru at all. Nice job fellas! The guys at the Toyota store say "Hi".
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
noreaster is offline   Reply With Quote