View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 09:55 PM   #1524
Cathartic
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 336202
Default PSS on Work XT7's

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Maher_WRX View Post
The Super Sports run VERY wide. The 255's on those are square on 9.5" wheels.
Firstly, my thanks to everyone who has posted all of the fantastic info in this thread. It has been extremely helpful to me (though I definitely still have lots to learn).

I've been looking at the Work Emotion XT7's in the 18x8.5 +46 5x100 size for my 2013 WRX hatch (stock suspension). Unfortunately, they don't seem to come in 9.5 with the 5x100 bolt pattern, so I'm limited to 8.5 if I want these wheels. From what I have learned in this thread, that size should be perfect for my needs anyway, and avoid the need for fender manipulation (not that I'm opposed to rolling - I just think 245's or 255's on the higher offset wheels will meet my current needs and won't happen to require the roll).

So, my question... I would like to go with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires and have been reading in several places that they run quite wide. Given this, I have to imagine that the PSS in 255/35/18 would be way too wide for the 8.5's. But what about 245/35/18? Do they run so wide that even the 245's would be too wide for the 8.5 wheels? I know that stock STI's are 245's on 8.5's, so under normal circumstances, the fitment should be fine - I just don't know how abnormally wide the PSS's are.

If the 245's will fit well, then I think going with Sc00by4life's favorite size of 245/35/18 might be the way to go. Otherwise, I'll need to consider other tire/wheel choices.

Any thoughts/feedback would be appreciated!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Cathartic is offline   Reply With Quote