Scooby Newbie

Member#: 338666
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2022 Crosstrek Ltd.
Magnetite Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xafen View Post
Yep! I'll be doing it consistently for ~3k miles (60-65 mph that is). I'm in no hurry, love listening to music in my car, and have 2 weeks to drive/camp around the desert southwest!
That sounds like a great trip. I am enamored with the SW myself. I travel a lot on the motorcycle. Early on, I would leave my stuff sacks and things like that in the vestibule of the tent. When we stopped at Palo Duro Canyon, (which I would recommend BTW), the ranger there said "don't leave anything outside your tent". When I asked why, I was told there are snakes, scorpions, and tarantulas. Ok I said. Regardless of where I have camped ever since, I leave NOTHING outside my tent that something could crawl into or under. Also, if you have the need for a nature call in the middle of the night, shine your light around and make sure something isn't going to drop into the tent when you unzip it. Ok, enough doom and gloom. The Southwest has some very striking contrasts. When the sun hits the canyon walls and light up the reds and oranges it is amazing! Brice Canyon in Utah needs to be on your bucket list as well. Chisos Basin in the center of Big Bend is a nice place to camp. The nearby lodge has a good breakfast. When the sun goes down, the stars are so numerous it is difficult to locate the big dipper! Wow, too many places to list. Have a great time.

John
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Guzzi 1 is offline   Reply With Quote