View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 09:45 AM   #7
P20SPD
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 39565
Vehicle:
2001 MY00 Uk Wagon
Mica Red

Short block built with Lateral pistons and on the stand ready for the heads.

RCMS 14mm head stud kit installed on one side, ready for the D25 AVCS head.

At this point I was missing the dowel pins for the heads, so tackled the sump area. Cosworth baffle plate designed for EJ257 block, pen marks show what needs to be removed to clear the EJ22 block.

Baffle plate on and sump pick on, and carefully spaced so as not to stress the pipe and cause a fracture. You can also see one head attached.

Thanks to Daz davies who acted as a courier, new dowell pin sourced from Zen and allowed me to attach the other head.

Both heads on, Cosworth cams in, and ready for final shimming of the valve clearances.

Again, I must apologise, as I didn't get many pictures through the next few days as it was another frantic weekend with Mark, David, Andy, Pat , Gaz, Stewart and I all working on the car.

In summary, AVCS inlet pullies bolted up, CDF adjustable exhaust pullies bolt up, Cosworth cam belt installed, RCMS Cam Belt guide installed, timing checked and adjusted, rocker covers bolted up and engine installed in engine bay.

Turbo, GT4094 installed onto the twinscroll manifold, two 38mm v-band waste gates feeding into their own silenced exhaust point to the passenger side. Turbo dumping through a short 3" exhaust to drivers side.

Pat finishing the loom in situe

Fuel lines expertly done by Paul, feeding the 4 Carl Davey rails via an RCMS distribution block which is fed by the -8 fuel line across the bulkhead. Nitrous solenoids mounted and setup by Mark. Intercooler pipes made by Gaz, nearly done. 63mm leaving turbo expanding to 76mm before intercooler and remaining 76mm thereafter. SFS Black hose joiners where appropriate. Note new screen had been fitted too.

More to follow
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
P20SPD is offline   Reply With Quote