View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 06:24 PM   #3049
Vaughn Performance
Former Vendor

Member#: 170489
Chapter/Region: SCIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManualOverAuto View Post

Heres my $15~ light bar, lol. Man I wish I could weld, I'd make some cool stuff.

Still have to adjust them a lot. Just need to drive around and see if they rattle or move, then figure out how to wire them up.
You should make the bar they bolt to wider, put two Hella spot (free form) lamps in the middle, and your two driving lamps (the ones with fluted glass) on the outside on either side. Should give you a pretty good array of light up front. The spots in the middle will give you the down the road illumination and the driving lamps will fill out the side's.

Higher up is better, give you better beam dispersion. When their mounted low, they don't spread out real well.

Wire them into your high beams. That way you can turn them all on/all off with the high beam lever simultaneously. You can still run a independent switch though if you want to turn on highs without having the Aux lamps on. Subaru uses a switched ground, so you need a extra little relay box if you wanna tap the highs. I can link you to it if you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregroot198521 View Post
I do wonder if the light pods are custom pieces or if some shop has started doing them.
Their made by PIAA It's about $400 U.S. for each hood pod left/right and about $280 for each lower bumper pod, so about $1200 for the set. If you want HID your're looking at about $3k for just the hood pod.

You could probably get them from VSC if you wanted to get them new, or just scrounge the forums for someone selling spares.

-Anthony
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Vaughn Performance is offline   Reply With Quote