Member Sales Rating: (46)

Member#: 36838
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2001 B50 RSTi Sedan
2011 DGM WRX hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folger Subaru
So I guess it's possible I might loose that h6 sale huh. lol....

Steven
See my comment about not wanting larger than 16" wheels =)

You might as well put my name on a H6 setup...it'll just be a week or so before I can order them, that's all.

I'm not going to bother buying 17in wheels + this setup. That amount of money can be better put towards other things. The RS is already 200lb lighter than the wrx...that already gives me a good stopping advantage, I just need a place for the heat to go. Most people I know that own WRX's already have 17in or larger wheels, but still have stock brakes...this is just perfect for them. Keeps the weight down, while vastly improving the brake setup.

The only thing that would make my day would be having someone say that these fit under the stock '00 RS wheels too =)

I'd love to know what the measurements are from the outside of the legacy caliper to the center of the wheel hub...I wanna know by just how much they don't fit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Roo
so......can you use the larger rotors on an 03 WRX with the (nonbrembo) 4Pots calipers??
No, as the 4-pots bolt right to the wheel hub assembly rather than a bracket, you can't stick a larger rotor under it. Designing an adapter bracket to fit that would also be near impossible.

An adapter bracket to move the stock WRX calipers out farther should be doable though...

-- Dave
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
AcquaCow is offline   Reply With Quote