sc00by4life
Scooby Guru

Member#: 97135
Chapter/Region: NWIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaproject
1) Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 205/55/16
2)South Florida
3)daily driving, spirited cornering as well.
4)50/50
5)

I am coming from General Exclaim UHP which are pretty much dead and on wear markers to this tire.

HUGE DIFFERENCE.

Both claim to be UHP tires and both tires are not meant for winter or cold and being in Florida finding tires is easy unless you plan on driving out of state. It's fairly hot all year around so no reason to buy ALL season tires. Dry rot will get most tires in 5 years anyhow. I had some tires that had plenty of tread but were starting to crack so I felt like switching them out anyhow.

The Hankooks do not tend to tramline and are nice and soft on the highway yet grip like no one's business.

I only have the 2007 2.5, not a WRX or anything but I can still tell these have serious grip. When it's wet, they grip as if it's dry. I love the shoulder blocks. They don't leave alot of room for cupping which the Exclaims tended to do if you weren't really careful with rotation. Even after trying to keep up, they eventually cupped and got really noisy.

Running at 36psi instead of 33 like the car states but they are extra load tires vs normal load.

For the price... I don't see how they can be beat. Even though tire rack gave them a crap review, car and driver had them #2 among summer tires. They beat much higher brand and $$$ tires. I really hope they don't cancel this tire and go make something worse and cheap.
Just an FYI....cupping is due to blown struts, not shoulder block design....
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
sc00by4life is offline   Reply With Quote