urabus555
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 102091
Vehicle:
1994 1.8l Impreza L
Open Class Build w/110hp

Default All power windows failed at once

Hi and thanks for looking

My wifes car is a 96 Impreza Outback. She was putting the windows up the other day (two at a time) and the rears stopped an inch from the top. Now none of the windows work. I've tried a bit of trial/error work. I removed the door cards on the driver's side. The (green) two wire connector between the rear/passenger window switch and the motor has no voltage normally, +12v when the switch is pressed up (i think - it could have been down now that I think of it), and -12v when the switch is pressed down. I guess that is the most confusing thing to me

The motor should be getting power? No?

In one of my other cars (97 Impreza L) the voltage reads the same and the window works fine.

OK...

I've done this so far:

1- removed door cards on the driver side
2- unplugged all doors (@ a/b pillar) BUT the drivers door - driver's window does not work
3- unlugged all doors but the rear driver door - still no luck
4- checked the window lock swich by switching it to the lock position - no power to the motor in the driver's rear door. switching it to the unlock position - power present.
5- switched the drivers front 'switch box' with a 'spare' I had laying around - same results as with the one in the car.
6- switched the position of all the 'slow burning fuses' in the engine compartment (with ones of the same amp rating)
7- became confused and decided to ask you kind folks for help...

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated - Thanks
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
urabus555 is offline   Reply With Quote