View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 02:51 PM   #44
Roper215
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 381299
Chapter/Region: South East

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnDeadhead View Post
Okay, so I hurried through the first install and didn't do my research. To be fair, I was still half sick with the flu. Anyway, that's how I wound up without steering wheel controls and with the wrong speakers. Anyway, I've done my research now and have a replacement hu and SWI that Crutchfield says will work. I have a set of Patrick's spacers coming, I have the components for the front and 2 ways for the back. Patrick has dash spacers too. And I discovered that getting the steering wheel controls to work is not entirely straightforward. http://ae64.com/ This dude seems to know all about it. I will provide this to the new installer.

About the only question now is where to put the crossovers. The OEM crossover is on the tweeter, right? I imagine the installer will be able to resolve but does anybody have any suggestions? I'm determined to get this done properly. Crutchfield has been very cool about it, sending me a replacement SWI and hu and agreeing to take back the extra set of component speakers.
Best spacers for our cars come from IAPerformance.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Roper215 is offline   Reply With Quote