racer25rs
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 13180
Vehicle:
2000 Impreza RS
Blue ridge pearl

Default EJ20T swap or Turbo?

Hello,

I am currently debating eather to have a engine swap done to my EJ25 or just turboing it. My questions is what is the advatages and disadvatages of doing one over the other?

I am hoping to swap an EJ20t engine, but are there better engines like the legacys, US WRX, JDM WRX, or old STi's? I would prefer the US WRX engine because when something happens to it, I can find the parts much easyer than the STi or the JDM engines.

If I was to do turbo, I would probably go with the Vishnu turbo kit or the ludespeed. The kits (well the ludespeed) itself are cheaper than an engine, but if I was to turbo I would want to do it right with the proper engine managemet making sure they dont mess up, but wouldn't all of the extra parts add up just as much as the swap?

Finally the Power issue. If I choose to do eather one of the options, which one would have the most HP, and which one would be reilable HP gains? Doing eather one of this means I would not have much money left for further upgrades for a few years. I am thinking the US WRX engine would be the safest route.

So, what do you guys think? I did a search and couldn't really find much on a topic like this. If you can find a link to a similar topic, please post. Thanks!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
racer25rs is offline   Reply With Quote