Scooby Newbie

Member#: 53603
Vehicle:
2004 EJ207 WRX
PSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caramall2 View Post
My 2 cents.

I think it's probably worse to try and push the tuner to do something they don't want to do. If the EBCS tuner guy is good, I'd just have him tune your car and be done with it. If later you want to mess around and switch to hybrid (or get someone to help you mess around), you can basically leave most of the map the same and just set it for 100% WGDC at full throttle to let the MBC take over (and do things like eliminate the CL to OL delay, etc...I'll let smarter guys than me comment on details).

I think you'll get frustrated pushing the tuner and he'll get frustrated too. The other option is to drive a further distance (or do an e tune) and find someone who is good and happy to tune a hybrid setup.
Appreciate the input. It just doesn't make any sense to me that established tuners would be against the hybrid boost strategy when its scientifically "better" than either option alone (how much may be debatable) and apparently really no harder to tune. Maybe it's the increased points of failure risks although the system adds redundancy also which makes up for it.

I'm just shocked that none of them can come up with what seems to be a valid argument against it other than, "When we've tried it in the past, it just didn't work well." This leads me to believe there is a high factor of people setting this up wrong which accounts for the poor performance these tuners see. I'm confident I'll set it up well as far as installation so the rest is on the tuner...

Secondly, I already have an MBC and I purchased a 3-port. I guess I could sell the MBC but I figure I might as well set up what I want now.

I think CL to OL delay is one of the first things tuners get rid of, MBC or not. As I understand it, having set parameters for when you transition to OL are good but the actual delay itself is emissions driven and unnecessary.

The tuning strategy points in the article below are some of what's confusing me, especially the parts about setting underboost Turbo Dynamics correction to 100% for 16-bit ECU's and setting boost targets slightly higher than the WGDC will allow for.

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...bilizing-boost
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SubNub is offline   Reply With Quote