Scooby Newbie

Member#: 65120
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2005 EJ257 Hybrid
OBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bren wrx
if someone can confirm it adds another 700 rpms of usable power ill order one tonight.
bren wrx,

gains all depend on your individual set up. The intake, upipe and turbo back set up I'm running produced these results on an Ecutek dyno tune on a Dynamic Test Systems Dyno at 16.5 psi max boost. As you probably know, an Ecutek dyno tune is custom for each individual vehicle and aside from any after market mods, no two engines roll off the assembly line the same. Infact, my car ran worse after putting on the div w/g dp due to the tune with the flat plate dp, even after trying an ecu reset and driving it for a week! When I returned to get a retune after installing the div w/g dp my inital dyno number prior to tuning was about 227 hp, I don't remember the tq number.

Now, if you're running a preset Cobb map it's highly unlikely that switching to a div w/g dp will yield you the same results that Ed achieved on my vehicle. It took some good tuning and a few dyno runs to get those gains. Bottom line, if you are running preset map, you may not want to go with this upgrade unless Cobb has put out a map specifically tuned with a div w/g dp. With a good tune, however, I think the div w/g dp is a must over the flat plate.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
luspeed is offline   Reply With Quote