View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 08:50 AM   #13
SergioC
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 363127

To all, don't forget to fill out the tech form Hershey posted, and bring at least a Snell 2005+ certified helmet, if not gloves. I am not sure if they mandate driving gloves or a fire suit, they might just be "highly recommended" but not mandatory in the novice class. And as per Thompson speedway rules, everyone starts out in the "white" group which is sub-novice class.

In other words you could be Brian McInness or a world famous driving school instructor, but if you've never driven this road course before, they always start you out in the lowest class. What happens is they will tell you to wave at certain times or watch for certain things and you'll be quizzed on it so that they are sure you know where the signal stations are. Once you figure out and demonstrate mastery of the rules, the lines, the layout but most importantly the flag stations, then they will upgrade you.

Hopefully there won't be many people because so far not a huge number of subscriptions have come through because there are lots of people who were awaiting the track to be finished before making a decision. So the run groups will likely be small, maybe smaller than they will ever be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abgrooms View Post
So excited for this.

Just confirmed the time off this morning. I'll work a half day then head out around 11:30am. So I should get to the track right at 1pm.

- Alex
I will try to get there for 1pm (1300) and I have re-arranged my schedule. It will be tight, but if I am not there just say you're my guest as I have already signed up.

Show up at the westernmost entrance. One entrance is where there is this big green building w/ the restaurant, that one is towards the North. Don't go there, you get to ADSI from the "north". This one is the Westernmost entrance you can see from Google Earth, it's right where the big Thompson Speedway sign is. There will be a small office building on the right once you go in and a straight shot into the road course from there.

See y'all then (or at ADSI on 6-1)

-Sergio
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SergioC is offline   Reply With Quote