Old 01-18-2005, 11:45 PM   #112
FuzzyNips
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 16686
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2010 Mazda 3s GT 5dr
Black Mica

Subaru model: 2002 Subaru WRX Sedan (4EAT)

Mods: K&N Drop-in Filter

tire size: 205/55/16

tire model: Pirelli PZero Nero M+S

total cost: $99 per tire = $396 + $48.52 shipping = $444.52 + install

personal comments: Just got them mounted/balanced yesterday and drove around in the dry but cold weather. They handled a ton better than the stock RE92's (as expected) especially coming out from work after my car had been sitting for 9 hours. My stock tires were always especially bad in cold weather when they had been sitting for a while but that wasn't the case with these. Today we've got about an inch or two of snow here in Chicago that is blowing and drifting (I live out in the middle of corn fields so its even worse than in the city). The car handled amazing compared to stock and whenever I did start to slide it was never out of control like with the stockers. I never had that panicked feeling where I felt at the mercy of the tires; everything was under control. Besides for dedicated snow tires, I'd definitely recommend these tires alone based on my experience tonight in the snow. If you drive in conditions that change year round like I do then I'd definitely recommend them. The tires seem just as quiet as the stock ones and there's a slight better road feel to them (not necessarily harsher just an all around better feel to them).
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
FuzzyNips is offline   Reply With Quote