Old 02-26-2013, 12:56 AM   #2639
WRXVishnueStg_2
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 267875
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza WRX
Silver

I have a VF30 from my first WRX, but once I started playing with E85 I fell in love . LMAO, I love the cost and performance gains I got, also the gas millage is very good thanks to the extra fuems spooling the turbo. My 93 Oct tune I'm making about 26 mpg in the city on e85 its about 23~24 mpg if you drive correctly. When stepping on it, I do notice it waste much faster than E10 93 Oct. Plus I've been reading up on how good the VF30 holds up with the Group N Antilag, I just figured the little TD04 shouldn't have to much a difference in build quality. It's been 45K miles that I've been running higher than 20psi, I've always used 0-w40 Mobi1 oil or 10w-40 RP, currently switching to AMSOIL. I also always use a RP or Pure1 Filter and change oil religiously every 4k. RP 75-w90 in the diff and tranny. So far 0 isssues other then the stupid TMIC hose that keeps popping, looking to get an oil seperator next; cause I have a feeling it's from Blow By oil that sits on the plastic/silicone that eats through them espcially with the wear of such high boost pressure. But yea, turbo so far No leaks, No issues, turbo seems to hold up just fine, when propperly fueled. Had a friend that had a TD04-13G i believe on his evo, which he complained gave out early, but every time he ran 30psi using an MBC the turbo would be glowing red, i have a feeling it's from running in a lean condition which would overtime mess up the turbo seals. He was running a 12.1 AFR, which I've heard many say is around wear you'll see the Most power, including another friend of mine's tuner he uses a 12.1 in all his naturally asperated Mustang GT Tunes. I feel that that's to lean for a turbo charged car running such high pressure.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
WRXVishnueStg_2 is offline   Reply With Quote