Member Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 692
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2021 Tacoma TRD Pro
White

Quote:
Originally posted by US2JDM
If you have torrents of water coming up over the hood of your car...you have bigger problems than a hydrolocked engine...like HELP! someone get me out before I drown!

Word.™

-Milan
Bah wuss, I've had water/mud coming over my hood before. All it takes is a decent puddle and some speed. Hell I've gotten water on the roof! (Note: I'm deleting this post if I ever sell my car. )

Quote:
Originally posted by Siper2
However, while I know "common" CAI designs like the Cobb unit take air from the fenderwell, some don't even USE a filter, it's more or less a straight pipe system. Or, well if there is some internal filtering or whatever, it doesn't seem it'd do as good a job as this GravelSports unit.

So while I understand that direct rain is possible from the hoodscoop on that particular unit, a deep puddle is a big threat to the others, so....
All intakes use a filter, I promise. There is a difference between this intake and fender intakes. Fender intakes only have a problem from sustained water. The top mount can have water accumulate on it. This probably won't be a problem for most people, but crazy persons like myself have to take such things into account.

JC
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
JC is offline   Reply With Quote