Old 12-04-2013, 10:45 AM   #17
Patrick Olsen
Scooby Guru

Member#: 120
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
1997 Legacy 2.5GT
1996 Impreza coupe

Awwww, man, I'm bummed that I didn't see this earlier. Of course, eugeneotopia would just have ignored anything I said, anyway, since I'm a big meaniehead who does meaniehead things like link to other discussions about the same topic and answer his question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugeneutopia View Post
Topic 1 - I did say basic search skills. Very basic... like one or two words, without a "+" and more importantly, without the word "diameter". I used circumference and spare with no plus sign.
I didn't use a + sign either, the search function puts that in there automatically if you search for two words.

Quote:
But hey, good for you. You win the internet.
Hooray for me!

Quote:
Topic 2 - "yes". Thanks. 20/20 vision in hindsight. Your breadth of knowledge is inspiring.
You're welcome. I'm not sure if you're being sincere about the breadth of knowledge bit, but I appreciate it.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Olsen View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubLGT View Post
Do you know for a fact that the donut spare and your OE tires have the same circumference? On some Subaru models, they were different from the factory, believe it or not.
Oh, well crap. I assumed they were. Common sense would dictate that, right?
Common sense would dictate if you use a temporary donut spare as a temporary donut spare is intended to be used - for a limited distance at a limited speed, as spelled out in the Owner's Manual - it's not going to harm anything.
Topic 3 - Oh, it will? So, if I have upgraded to 26" wheels, common sense still says that my 17" spare will work, because, well, that's what it's intended for?
Quoting the full discussion so you can follow along. SubLGT asked about your stock spare size relative to your stock wheel/tire combo. You responded that you thought it would be common sense for the stock spare to the be the same size as the stock wheel/tire combo. I responded that common sense would dictate that the stock spare will work just fine with the stock wheel/tire combo if you follow the directions that Subaru put in the Owner's Manual. I was responding to a discussion about using the spare with the stock wheel/tire combo. I don't see where my comment even remote implied that using the spare would be fine with massively oversized wheels. My Owner's Manual doesn't talk about using 26" wheels. Does yours?

Quote:
Ever hear of the advice "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"? I'm willing to bet if you tried that, you'd rarely have a chance to speak, right?
I'd love to know what wasn't nice in my original post. I answered your question, and pointed out that your common sense wasn't being properly applied. I didn't use any mean words or insults.

Quote:
BTW.. reply however you want.. I'm just going to ignore it. Your kind of help (aka criticism) isn't what I was looking for.
Again, I apologize for answering your question and also providing you some links that further discussed the subject.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Patrick Olsen is offline   Reply With Quote