Scooby Newbie

Member#: 316185
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
Ice Silver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisty View Post
You won't be doing the tuning, but you do need to be able to install 3 programs, open them and your map, and select specific logging parameters (check boxes, and your tuner will tell you what he wants logged).

I don't suggest the OTS tunes that COBB offers because they're just like a factory tune: made to run on ANY vehicle, in ANY weather, under ANY conditions. The OTS tunes give you some extra power, are generally more safe than the lean factory tune, but leave a lot to be desired (from what I've heard).

If you get a Pro Tune, and I suggest you do, the process is very similar between the COBB AP or the Tactrix. One of the nice things about the Tactrix is that it doesn't marry to your car, so you can borrow one of ours to tune your car, and you're not out any money.

Aron and I used Ron from PhatBotti, and neither of us were pleased with his communication skills. The tune he did for my car (pretty much stock, but it had an UP, Turbo Back, bigger injectors, intake, and boost controller) was great, but Aron's car is a bit more involved and he wasn't happy with the results.

I've heard that STi_Mikey of PhatBotti I'd better, and is be willing to try him, but there are a bunch of other reputable tuners that the locals use. Talking to us in person is a lot easier than explaining everything via text (although it seems like I'm trying to anyways, haha).
That was pretty helpful, thanks! I agree with you though this would be easier to discuss in person. Now that the weather is getting a bit warmer I hope to see more meet ups going on. Weekends, preferrably Is this forum the way you usually organize them or should I give someone my email or something that organizes them? I would definitely like to learn more about the options for tuning. Well, and drink beer.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ninjaspork19 is offline   Reply With Quote