Siper2
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (33)

Member#: 1134
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2015 Outback H-6
White

Legacy Harrisburg, PA - 2005 Legacy GT Limited, SWP, 5MT, ~128K mi.

Item: 2005 Legacy GT Limited sedan - SWP - 5MT
VIN: 4S3BL676056226704

Howdy. Gauging interest on my 2005 LGT Limited. It's a sedan with Satin White Pearl (SWP) paint, 5MT and black leather seats. Bought in 2008 with 86K miles, it has about 128K now. No major running issues with the car.

The good: Most of it! It runs extremely well, and has never broken down. Interior is in good shape, no tears. I tend to keep my interiors clean. Car came with OEM carpet mats, but I bought WeatherTech black rubber mats, which will sell with the car.

Paint is in good condition; the right lower sidesill is scraped (see below) from losing a fight with a curb. A few normal rock chips on the bumper.

Comfortable and fast! As you know, the engine is an EJ255, same as a 2.5L WRX. 250hp stock at the crank, however I have a Cobb stage 1 flash. AccessPort v1 is married to the ECU, will sell with the car.

The bad: A few nitpicky things, but some other stuff is worth mentioning.

Currently has a torn inner CV boot, right side. I already have the new part, having my mechanic fix it hopefully by early next week.

Driver's seat outer leg bolster is worn some, it was like that when I bought the car.

There is a strange rattle that's existed since I bought it, and I've never found, that happens on upshift in lower gears - I think it's a loose nut in the shifter console area, somewhere. I've ripped the trim apart several times, and can't find it. Probably a "spare" nut that's banging up against something.

Cruise control has never worked quite right. It won't hold. I suspect it's just a loose sensor, maybe behind the pedal. Or that's what North Ursalia tells me, and he knows all. Keep forgetting to check it.

January of this year, I wasn't paying attention and pulled in front of a truck at a toll booth, at slow speed. He hit the rear-left door, denting it; the front left quarter panel was dented from hitting the booth. Front left headlight also received a small crack, so it was replaced too. Had it repaired at a highly-rated shop in my area (Auto Body Repair Service Mechanicsburg, PA). I have all paperwork from the transaction. Car came out great, and I requested high-quality replacement parts.

A couple of months ago, I accidentally scraped a curb on the right side, taking a little paint off of the lower plastic sidesill. I was pulling out of a parking space, and turned a little too sharply. Whoops. Haven't had it fixed yet, but I can pre-sale, or not.

The engine bay looks good, but there is some surface rust on some of the engine components, this was present in 2008 when I bought it. The previous owner commuted between Syracuse and Buffalo in the winters, so I suspect this is from road salt, though I'm from NH and didn't have that issue in a few previous cars. Unsure. Never had any mechanical issues, though.

Mods: Not many - I'm getting old and creaky.

- JDM LGT rear swaybar, with aftermarket bushings.
- Cobb AP v1 married to the ECU, I will sell the unit with the car (as mentioned above). Currently flashed to Stage 1. Been that way since 2009, never a hiccup. Stage 1 smooths out the throttle, and adds a few horses.
- Jazzy AUX-in Pro board, installed in OEM radio. I ran the 3.5mm aux cable under the center console/shifter trim, and in to the armrest. Cable is inside the armrest console, to hook up to a phone/MP3 player. You can read about these extensively, in the A/V forums on LegacyGT.com.
- Currently have 215/45-17 Bridgestone RE960 tires installed. Will sell the car with a second set of OEM wheels, with 215/45-17 Blizzak WS60 winter tires, that have only been run for two seasons. Lots of tread left. The RE960s should be replaced, soon - I was planning to do so. Rear-left tire has a bubble in the sidewall, and the tread is getting low.
- Prodrive oil cap (graphite).
- SPT battery tiedown (graphite).
- Prodrive (silver-colored) differential cover/skidplate, but it's not installed. I tried removing one of the bolts, and the head sheared off. Never got around to extracting it.
- AEM air filter.

That's all I can think of, for mods. These pics are old, but I can snap some updated ones. Planning to wash the car this weekend, and I can get some detail shots as well.

Wasn't planning to sell, but I happened upon a BMW 328xi wagon that I may buy. The other car in the photos is my wife's 2001 Outback H-6, if anyone's curious.

Price: Best offer. Currently asking for $8,500/obo. I will deliver within a reasonable distance. I live 30 minutes southwest of Harrisburg, PA.

I've got very good reviews here and on RS25, you're welcome to check my buyer ratings. I sold my old 2.5RS to MilesToEmpty (Charles) in 2008, I'm sure he can give you feedback on whether I'm cool or not.

Oh, I just changed the oil last week, too. 10W-30 non-synth Valvoline High-Mileage. Purolator filter.

Thanks!
S2 (Chris)
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Siper2; 08-08-2012 at 11:59 AM.