Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 39347
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReddy_Ready
As for Kingpin vs Vivid vs Dyno-Comp, I'm not for or against any one garage. I have dealt with these 3 here in Phx that cater to Subarus. I have posted honest and accurate reviews for all 3 of them. Some with email trails, some with pics. But yes, I have my favorites, only after allowing all 3 to work on my car. If you feel, after reading my posts, that you know who I prefer and whom I would never do business again with, good. I still deal with 2 of the 3 and I don't have a preference on those 2, it all boils down to what service I am seeking, price and of course, delivery. I make my choices based on real life encounters with these businesses, not by what I read in this forum. Vendor review forums play absolutely no role in who I choose to do business with.
That's the whole point. You have the LUXURY to deal with these guys IN PERSON. As hippy already said, it seems like 99% of the people who they have problems with are out of state. When I placed my order, everything was fine and dandy. Little did I know that I'd still be waiting for my product close to 2 months later after failed promises, week after week. And not only that, they don't charge your credit card when the product ships; they charge it immediately when you place your order. I felt like I was a babysitter having to keep tabs on these guys week after week to check on the status of my order because they never initiated any order status back to me.

It's a whole different ball game if I can just drive down to Vivid's place and talk to the guys in person. That way they'd have that added pressure to satisfy the customer that is standing right in front of them. I mean, have you read Dan's unprofessional and immature e-mails that he has sent to his customers? Not a way to run an ethical business, if you ask me.

I say if you live in the greater Phoenix area, maybe they aren't such a bad shop. But 99% of us don't.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by taino211; 08-11-2005 at 09:08 AM.
taino211 is offline   Reply With Quote