View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 09:30 AM   #8
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 4803

Quote:
Originally Posted by lj8915 View Post
I'm interested in this again but have a few more questions...

1. I would have to use the 91acn map because I'm in California. What is the expected gain in HP/tq with this? I've seen dynos, but not with the 91acn tune only.

2. Is it possible that this tune can be more dangerous than stock? I just bought a 30k car so the last thing I want to do is damage anything.

3. How often do I have to data log to make sure everything is OK? Is it just a one time thing or do I have to do it all the time (meaning will the tune change seomthing or something else change in the long run)?

Thanks.
1. You can go to the maps section at cobbtuning.com, select Subaru,and then select your vehicle. From there, you will see a list of all the maps available. In the heading, there is a link to "[notes]" which is a pdf that show you the relative power gains for each of the different maps in that category.

2. In some ways, our maps are safer that stock as they eliminate the extended closed loop to open loop transition in the stock tune that causes you to stay too lean well into boost. That said, you are increasing the performance of the vehicle quite a bit over stock with these maps and modifications. More power means more stress on the engine, transmission, etc. A lot of it depends on how you drive the car. If you are abusing the car with hard launches, etc., then more power is only going make things worse and increase the chances of reliability issues. If you are using the wrong parts for the map or you gas quality is poor, then this can also present a problem.

3. Logging isn't required, but is good practice. You can do some initial data logs to see where you are at. If conditions change (you move or start using different gas that may be suspect), then it would be a good idea to data log again.

Bill
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Cobb Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote