View Single Post
Old 05-24-2014, 08:13 PM   #1202
Nebay
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 341769

A quick note before I begin. I'm no mechanic. I just work at a gas station. To some of my customers though I should be able to fix whatever ails them or their car. For example I had a lady with a new Beetle pull in asking if we had any oil because her oil light was on. I offered to check her oil levels and see how low she was. When I popped the hood the engine bay was covered in oil. The tube the dipstick goes in to had broken off her engine and it was spraying oil as she drove. I told her it probably wouldn't be good to drive. She asked if there was any way I could fix it. What the heck am I supposed to do, Macguyver a fix out of a cofee cup and scotch tape?

Another customer was complaining that her pump kept shutting off. Iwent out to look only to discover that she had already pumped ~23 gallons into her Armada. I told her it was shutting off because the tank was full. That fact seemed to go over her head since she kept arguing that she paid for 30 gallons, so the car must be able to hold that much.

Even if you're not in the business of working on cars you can still get your share of idiots with car problems. Heh
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Nebay is offline   Reply With Quote