View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 07:58 AM   #5
Tankertruck
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 329072
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
DGM

I'm actually in the same boat as you, and I had the MF CBE on my otherwise stock car. It was too loud in the back seat for my kids (3 and 2 years old, particularly my son who has small hearing issues he's growing out of), so I ended up selling it and going back to stock for a bit. I am planning on installing a DP and seeing if that alters the sound enough for my taste.

I don't know exactly what people mean by 'drone', but the MF was a bit noisey in the car while driving (sounded AWESOME at idle though), and there was definitely some reverberation in the hatchback from the exhaust around 2500-3000 rpm (that's pretty much all my highway RPMs). It seemed to get quieter above that. 'Too loud' is relative, but it was noiser than the MF I had on my MS3 for sure.

I am basically looking at the Cobb and the SPT at this point (or just a custom system from the DP back). From what I can tell they are the quietest of the standard exhaust group.

Just a friendly reminder that the 5-door and the sedan are two totally different animals in terms of sound from an exhaust - so be careful on what videos you listen to.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Tankertruck is offline   Reply With Quote