Old 12-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #714
kpluiten
Scooby Guru

Member#: 120273
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
06 WRBWRXWGN
Now with 100% more Spec-C

On the passenger side of the engine bay, I have a few things that need to be mounted, mainly the Innovate LC-1 wideband controller and the Angry Roo EBCS. The car comes from the factory with a stamped metal part in this rear that I probably could have used, but its not an ideal solution and it looks cluttered. I decided to make my own mounting plate in this location to mount these two items.

I started with a paper template to get the shape right. I'm using the existing factory mounting holes to attach the plate to the strut tower.

I thought rounded corners looked best:

Next I traced the paper shape onto a piece of 0.125" aluminum and cut it out with an angle grinder. I then finished the edges with a light sanding to remove burrs.

With the mounting holes drilled:

I made spacers from washers and tubing (from my fuel system). All of it is stainless of course.

Here is it compared to the factory piece:

The controller and solenoid will be mounted to this part something like this:

I will probably run the wires behind the plate for a slightly cleaner look. I'm leaving everything loose right now until I have the motor in, in case I need to move stuff around. I will paint the mounting plate a metallic gunmetal color that matches my master cylinder brace, coolant tank, and AC/PS/alternator brackets.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
kpluiten is offline   Reply With Quote