View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 08:40 AM   #337
WRX YZF
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 211834
Chapter/Region: RMIC

My mother is one of these people. She asked me to stop by and change a headlight bulb for her. I don't know how long it's been out, but the bulb was broken, and there was a green buildup on the filament leads. W/e, easy job nonetheless, I've never seen a bulb shatter like that inside a headlight without some kind of impact.

Then she asks "where's the oil dipstick, it's been making a noise for a while." I say "it's here (I point to yellow ring near exhaust manifold), and what kind of noise, like a tickticktick?" She says "no, more metal like." I cringe inside knowing exactly what I'm going to find on the dipstick...nothing, it's bone dry. I pulled the oil fill cap off and something fall into the motor. Not a liquid oil drip, more like a semi-solid sludge drip. I say to her "this is what killed the Nova (not the cool one ). Her van was 2.5 quarts low.

Sadly, it continues. I forget how we got to this part of the conversation, but she said something along the lines of "and the check engine light is on." I ask "for how long?" She responds "sometime last week." I sigh and say to her "you've become the stereotypical woman driver..." I guess I'll need to stop by more often for vehicle maintenance.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
WRX YZF is offline   Reply With Quote