Scooby Newbie

Member#: 236582
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza WRX
Satin White Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairbmik View Post
Hope you had an alright experience at Heritage. They gave me a BS marked up price, while Herb Gordon gave me a reasonable price that was much lower, plus the salesman I dealt with was professional and kind.

Anyway, try to vary between highway driving and city driving and vary your rpm's for the break-in. You're still in the break-in period so that means absolutely NO highway pulls, going above 4500 rpm, and no changing oil until about 4000 miles. Others are paranoid about their oil so they change it within like 2500 miles, but your engine will still be in the final break-in period at like 8,000 miles.
They were really nice to me, but hey dealerships are dealerships. Thank you for the advice!! I do about 75% highway but I do run around town for the trip to the stores and lunch with the girlfriend and such. I don't beat on my cars so keeping it under 4500 isn't too hard for me. I am past that point in my life lol. I bought the wrx for its ability to get me to work everyday (I work for the news so I HAVE to get to work no matter what!) with some extra pep under the hood. Coming back from MD my first fill up was 26mpg. Not too bad for a non broken in engine doing 75 the whole way.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Semaj07 is offline   Reply With Quote