Scooby Newbie

Member#: 176670
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2006 30r STi on E85
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRAPPYDO View Post
I hate to sound coarse, but your grandfather is completely wrong. There is no way this gets as worse as the Great Depression. 6 months ago the financial institutions were all clamoring if they did not get the money today, then we were all going to see financial ruin, and the heavens were going to rain down fire on us, and dogs and cats were going to sleeping together. Well, the money has been approved but they still have not received it, and low and behold, my bank still has its doors opened, my job has not laid off anybody, my wife still have steady employment. I still manage to go to grocery stores and find food and drink there. Gasoline still flows from the pumps, and I still get direct TV. I think the credit crunch is going to get worse, I think loans will be a bit tougher to get, but 1 out of 3 Americans without a job like it was in the Great Depression is NOT going to happen.

the sooner you stop listening to the news and TV and realize that the world is a very stable place and the sins of a few usually never see it into our breakfast table. The sun will come up tomorrow, and day by day this too shall pass. If you just ignore the hype, live within your means, and do what it takes to feed and clothe your family, then things have a way to work things out.

+1212323243423231

Most intelligent post in this thread.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
lolawd is offline   Reply With Quote