Chocoholic005
*** Banned ***

Member#: 179736
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT
RBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff54 View Post
the older RS ecus are in NO WAY capable of handling any sort of boost....i'd argue that even when piggybacked they are not ideal for higher boost applications...i know the new i ecus are flashable(open ecu etc.) but im not sure just how much can be done with flashing the ecu....can u alter the ecu to accept positive manifold pressure and to alter fuel and timing accordingly?
In this case however we are talking about a reflashable newer ecu. Otherwise i would agree. I believe (at least on my eclipse) you can adjust the alter the ecu in such a way, while it is a different ecu, they are very similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllNastyImpreza View Post
because any NON turbo ecu is simply NOT designed to run massive amount of fuel...and they freak out when they see boost.... "fooling" it into thinking its only recieving atmospheric manifold preasure, and "thinking" its only injecting normal duty cycles on the stock size injectors is just the ONLY way around the problem...

If it wheren't for emisions I would rip that thing out so fast I would probably take the floor board with it
In this case we weren't talking about massive amounts of fuel. And flashing it isnt fooling it.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Chocoholic005 is offline   Reply With Quote