Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday August 22, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Vancouver Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Vancouver Impreza Club Forum -- VIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2006, 02:35 PM   #1
Dalton
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 90245
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Vancouver, BC
Vehicle:
2004 STi
Aspen White

Default Attn: amarpauld

Your name sounds like "I'm appauled".
Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 02:44 PM   #2
Dalton
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 90245
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Vancouver, BC
Vehicle:
2004 STi
Aspen White

Default

So I was thinking.

Mileage and effiency are a big selling point for todays vehicles. There is a decent selection of hybrids with electric cars just over the smoggy horizon. I wonder who will be the first fat person to be told that their electric car isn't getting the mileage as advertised because the driver is overweight. Will the auto makers factor in the worst case scenerio when it comes to advertising? Do they purposely make the cars smaller for this reason? Will the fat person take their car in multiple times for testing only to have it returned with helium balloons hidden about the car?

One option is to make the electric cars just wide enough so that they do not fit through a standard McDonald's, Burger King, or Wendy's drive through.

Discuss.
Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 02:57 PM   #3
GlobalWaste
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 74792
Join Date: Nov 2004
Chapter/Region: VIC
Default

Wow, someone made a thread with my name on it... *swoon*

Random fact: My full name is without the "d" at the end- Most asians with heavy accents pronounce it, "umma pao", yeah that's why I go by "Paul"
GlobalWaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 05:01 PM   #4
semaj
I'm sorry for apologizing
Moderatour
 
Member#: 113533
Join Date: Apr 2006
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver, BC
Vehicle:
2006 Pathfinder
Off Road

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarpauld View Post
Random fact: My full name is without the "d" at the end- Most asians with heavy accents pronounce it, "umma pao", yeah that's why I go by "Paul"
Random fact: My full name is James- Most relatives of my wife pronounce it, "Jame-seeeeee", yeah that's why I go by "Big Daddy."
semaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 03:01 PM   #5
GlobalWaste
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 74792
Join Date: Nov 2004
Chapter/Region: VIC
Default

Getting mileage out of a hybrid is like getting battery power out of a laptop, if you ask the manufacturers about it, they'll say their ratings are under ideal conditions which pretty much says you'll never get that under normal useage

My laptop for example, says I'll get 2.5 hours of battery life with a full charge as soon as I unplug the power cable; however, I recall when this laptop was newer, I would only get just over an hour out of it even when I was only doing simple word processing. Now though, I'll get around 20 minutes out of the battery even if I'm not doing anything
GlobalWaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 05:18 PM   #6
Dalton
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 90245
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Vancouver, BC
Vehicle:
2004 STi
Aspen White

Default

If you pronounce "Jame-seeeeee" in a certain way in Cantonese, it could be James shyt.

Sweet.
Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 06:18 PM   #7
semaj
I'm sorry for apologizing
Moderatour
 
Member#: 113533
Join Date: Apr 2006
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver, BC
Vehicle:
2006 Pathfinder
Off Road

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton View Post
If you pronounce "Jame-seeeeee" in a certain way in Cantonese, it could be James shyt.

Sweet.
Yeah yeah yeah...I'll WELL aware of how to say that in Cantonese Dalton
semaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 05:19 PM   #8
Dalton
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 90245
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Vancouver, BC
Vehicle:
2004 STi
Aspen White

Default

Random fact: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30 gets 1045 hits a day, 250 of those are from ChucK Norris's fist.
Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 06:08 AM   #9
know1
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 126162
Join Date: Sep 2006
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: PoCo
Vehicle:
2000 GC-Carbon Panda
Zap Strap Crew #001

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton View Post
Random fact: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30 gets 1045 hits a day, 250 of those are from ChucK Norris's fist.
I always thought Chuck Norris could only email roundhouse kicks
know1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 10:29 PM   #10
Dalton
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 90245
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Vancouver, BC
Vehicle:
2004 STi
Aspen White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by know1 View Post
I always thought Chuck Norris could only email roundhouse kicks
Fact: Mr. T pities the fool that thinks Chuck Norris could only email roundhouse kicks.

Fact: Chuck Norris' punches can also be downloaded off of his FTP, but would result in the instant death of yourself, and your children's children.
Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 02:20 AM   #11
Dalton
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 90245
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Vancouver, BC
Vehicle:
2004 STi
Aspen White

Default

I'm calling you that next time. Or just see-tao.
Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 02:33 AM   #12
semaj
I'm sorry for apologizing
Moderatour
 
Member#: 113533
Join Date: Apr 2006
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver, BC
Vehicle:
2006 Pathfinder
Off Road

Default

Ok Dalton...go play with your sai-jer
semaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 03:17 AM   #13
GlobalWaste
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 74792
Join Date: Nov 2004
Chapter/Region: VIC
Default

Oh yeah?

Theri ma de lun.

GlobalWaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 03:34 AM   #14
cwareing
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 70651
Join Date: Sep 2004
Chapter/Region: VIC
Vehicle:
'10 Fozzie XT
The car is black....NOT!

Default

Que?
cwareing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 04:18 AM   #15
Predwolf
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 54292
Join Date: Feb 2004
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Maple Ridge
Default

Hi everybody, I'm white!
Predwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 04:20 AM   #16
cwareing
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 70651
Join Date: Sep 2004
Chapter/Region: VIC
Vehicle:
'10 Fozzie XT
The car is black....NOT!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predwolf View Post
Hi everybody, I'm white!
Me too
cwareing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 12:58 PM   #17
GlobalWaste
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 74792
Join Date: Nov 2004
Chapter/Region: VIC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predwolf View Post
Hi everybody, I'm white!
GlobalWaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 01:46 PM   #18
semaj
I'm sorry for apologizing
Moderatour
 
Member#: 113533
Join Date: Apr 2006
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver, BC
Vehicle:
2006 Pathfinder
Off Road

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predwolf View Post
Hi everybody, I'm white!
I'm not...I'm Chinese, and what?!?
semaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 01:48 PM   #19
veightkiller
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 78967
Join Date: Jan 2005
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: vancouver B.C
Vehicle:
2011 335i
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predwolf View Post
Hi everybody, I'm white!
Im brown
veightkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 01:50 PM   #20
semaj
I'm sorry for apologizing
Moderatour
 
Member#: 113533
Join Date: Apr 2006
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver, BC
Vehicle:
2006 Pathfinder
Off Road

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by veightkiller View Post
Im brown
amarpauld...is that you hiding in veightkiller? hehe
semaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 05:27 AM   #21
Dalton
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 90245
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Vancouver, BC
Vehicle:
2004 STi
Aspen White

Default

Me too!
Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 01:53 PM   #22
GlobalWaste
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 74792
Join Date: Nov 2004
Chapter/Region: VIC
Default

*runs away*
GlobalWaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 02:19 PM   #23
Necromancer
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 477
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Vancouver
Vehicle:
GC4 -> GGA -> GM6
Yeah, that's about right.

Default

If you say "armpaul" fast enough it sounds like "oppa."

I love it when Korean girls call me that.
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 02:46 PM   #24
GlobalWaste
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 74792
Join Date: Nov 2004
Chapter/Region: VIC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
If you say "armpaul" fast enough it sounds like "oppa."

I love it when Korean girls call me that.
older brother?
GlobalWaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 03:31 PM   #25
lostmind
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 74567
Join Date: Nov 2004
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Port Moody
Vehicle:
2006 STi
Crystal Grey Metallic

Default

I'm white too!
lostmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Happy boifdaze, Amarpauld! cwareing Vancouver Impreza Club Forum -- VIC 24 09-19-2006 09:17 PM
amarpauld... Wylde Horses Vancouver Impreza Club Forum -- VIC 8 02-06-2006 02:38 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.