Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday October 2, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Tribeca Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 10-14-2006, 11:45 AM   #1
Tup
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 129133
Default Winter Tires

That time of year again. I'm thinking of getting separate winter tires and wheels for the Tribeca. I plan on getting 235-65-17 tires on separate 17" alloy wheels which will fit according to tire rack. Looks like there should be plenty of room for the brake calipers. 17" gives a whole lot more and cheaper choices than 18".

Now, I think I'll leave off the TPMS sensors....would cost another $400 plus I think I would need to reset the system. So I think the TPMS warning light will either stay on or flash. Flashing may get annoying and it may be hard to cover the warning due to the oddly conical shaped cover plastic over the tach. Anyone know if it will flash or stay on?

Also, when I put the stock wheels back on in the spring...will I need to reset the system (I think this requires some sort of tool) or should it just go back to normal?

Anyone else put winter tires on? I think I'll get the cheap $99 alloy wheels and Michelin latitude X-ice. Expensive to import to Canada from Tirerack but still cheaper than anything i can find here.
Tup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 07:10 PM   #2
cptplt
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 22439
Vehicle:
02 WRX
black

Default get nokians

well I had that dilemma too, so I just ditched the Goodyears and run Nokian WRs all round. Unless you go on unplowed roads a lot, the Nokians should do fine in winter, I also use them as my winter tire on my Legacy. Live in IL. May not be quite as good as a Blizzak on ice but probably as good as any other winter tire on snow and slush, and you can drive them all summer without losing all the tread in no time like other winter tires.
cptplt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 03:24 PM   #3
morey000
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 124531
Vehicle:
2007 Tribeca
Silver

FWIW, the Touareg V8 has the same size tire as the 'Beca, and it's trying to do a similar job in being a luxury performance driving SUV, with some off road abilities. Given that the Touareg folks tend to be real car enthusiasts, they've got some good discussions on tires that we could probably cheat off off. Keep in mind that the T-reg weighs 1,000 lbs more than the 'Beca

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1769243

http://forums.clubtouareg.com/forum2...4a091e0208d8e1
morey000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 12:20 PM   #4
tombo_m6
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 119338

Where'd you get your nokians? How much did you pay for them and did you go with the 235's or 255's?

Thanks
tombo_m6 is offline   Reply With Quote