Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday September 21, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Electrical & Lighting

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2007, 10:39 AM   #1
Nintekra
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 126636
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Jacksonville FL
Vehicle:
06 Impreza STI
blue

Default Cigarette lighter blown!

I was using a 150w inverter last night and suddenly lost power. I checked the fuse in the inverter and under the dash. It's not the dash fuse because the mirrors still work.
Nintekra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:51 AM   #2
Weedy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 12340
Join Date: Nov 2001
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Lincoln, NE
Vehicle:
2002 WRX 2.5L Hybrid
WRB

Default

I believe that there may be a fuse under the hood of your car for some accys. in the cabin. Check there, and let me know.
Weedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 01:29 PM   #3
Mulder
Trust no one
Moderator
 
Member#: 11170
Join Date: Oct 2001
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NYC
Vehicle:
02 WRX
15 WRX/05 GTO

Default

There is a thermal fuse built into the lighter socket itself. Your inverter probably caused the socket to overheat and blew that fuse. The fix is a new socket.
Although it's possible, I don't suggest soldering a jumper across the fuse because that will eliminate the thermal protection.
Inverters and other high-current devices should be run from the battery if possible and not from the socket.
Mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
('93-'01) Cigarette Lighter XBD Impreza Forum 18 02-17-2005 11:39 PM
('93-'01) Cigarette lighter mod mrbell Impreza Forum 14 04-23-2001 11:49 PM
Installed the lighted cigarette lighter. Leonardo Interior & Exterior Modification 11 12-20-2000 12:39 AM
Metal mesh and cigarette lighter stuff fellfrosch7 General Forum Archive 3 11-10-2000 06:03 AM
Cigarette lighter question Eric SS Technical Forum Archive 6 07-25-2000 08:47 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.