Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday August 1, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Classifieds > Private 'For Sale' Classifieds > Suspension/Brakes/Handling

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2011, 06:00 PM   #1
wrxkyle
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (17)
 
Member#: 199635
Join Date: Jan 2009
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Provo, UT
Vehicle:
02-4 rSTI
White

Default 04 sti stock suspention

sold and shipped. with an extra tophat it was 83lbs and fit nicely in a pair of 16/16/16 boxes stacked on top of each-other and taped together $60 in shipping cost+ $9 for the 2 boxes(ouch) through fedex to reno nevada from provo utah.











here are some tags in case people feel like using the search button.
sti suspension shipping cost
sti strut shipping
how much does it cost to ship sti suspension
stock sti suspension weigh weight

Last edited by wrxkyle; 04-13-2011 at 04:45 PM.
wrxkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:08 AM   #2
tecromatica
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 92305
Join Date: Jul 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
1999 Impreza
RBP

Default

I'm interested, give me your state, I'll pay shipping.
tecromatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:15 PM   #3
BuGS
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (24)
 
Member#: 81353
Join Date: Feb 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: East Wenatchee, WA
Vehicle:
06 STI
Blackness...

Default

I'll give you $200 picked up for the suspension. And I know I am not low-balling you.
BuGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:46 AM   #4
wrxkyle
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (17)
 
Member#: 199635
Join Date: Jan 2009
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Provo, UT
Vehicle:
02-4 rSTI
White

Default

these setups go for up to $450, and i've had offers for $150 for just the rears.

as far as the state that's in my location part of my profile, but Provo, UT
wrxkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:34 PM   #5
BuGS
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (24)
 
Member#: 81353
Join Date: Feb 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: East Wenatchee, WA
Vehicle:
06 STI
Blackness...

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxkyle View Post
these setups go for up to $450, and i've had offers for $150 for just the rears.

as far as the state that's in my location part of my profile, but Provo, UT
Dude it is based on how much you paid for it 3 months ago. I don't know why you buy this stuff then don't use it. Then put all of it up for more than you paid. If you didn't pick it up from him back then I was going to get all the suspension for $200. Hence why I offered. Didn't know you were going to be suck a punk about it.

And for anyone that is going to buy them, Since Kyle won't tell you the real condition, the original owner said they need to be regreased since they were clunking. And I remember them having around 70,xxx miles.
BuGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:58 PM   #6
FaST STi
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 249363
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: St.George UT
Vehicle:
2004 STi
WRB

Default

do you have pics?
FaST STi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:33 AM   #7
wrxkyle
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (17)
 
Member#: 199635
Join Date: Jan 2009
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Provo, UT
Vehicle:
02-4 rSTI
White

Default

thanks for the info, i remembered them being in good condition and had no idea on the miles. looks like i was wrong and i apologize for that, and updated the post. a simple pm would have sufficed, i have a good seller rating and am not trying to scam anyone, don't make it out to seem like i am.

first post updated, @bugs- what i paid for them doesn't mean anything when i go to sell them, i bought them planning to use them, and like i said never got around to putting them on. you're just pissed cause you couldn't come up with the cash to buy them before i did or iddn't move fast enough. don't post crap in my threads just because you are pissed off.

i didn't ever say what i paid for them and it doesn't matter, if i got a good deal on them when i bought them for whatever reason (one of those reasons being that i bought other things from him at the same time so he gave me a better deal) that doesn't lower the condition, quality, demand for, or price of the ones i have. i posted what these sell for, eventually someone will buy them. also the price is obo and yes these DO go for $350-450 pretty quick so don't post crap, i did a search for how much these sell for, and priced accordingly. its called fair market value, for a friend i might go lower but i don't know you and you're acting like a douche so why do you think you deserve a better price? do you walk into a car dealership and tell them you know how much they bought their cars for and you don't want to pay more? and you know how much i paid for them? i don't even know that anymore, don't know how you would.

find me a set of these selling for $200 and maybe i'll consider your offer bugs. but seeing as how a single new pair of struts go for that much, a single pair of tophats goes for at least $75, and springs i'm sure i could get at least $50 if not more why would i sell lower? and yes i do have an offer for $150 for just the rears, i'm sure i could get about the same for the fronts or more for a complete set.

Last edited by wrxkyle; 03-03-2011 at 12:05 PM.
wrxkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:22 PM   #8
rogue
Teddy Goalsevelt
Super Moderator
Member Sales Rating: (16)
 
Member#: 7977
Join Date: Jul 2001
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Sterling, VA
Vehicle:
100% Abuse

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxkyle View Post
thanks for the info, i remembered them being in good condition and had no idea on the miles. looks like i was wrong and i apologize for that, and updated the post. a simple pm would have sufficed, i have a good seller rating and am not trying to scam anyone, don't make it out to seem like i am.

first post updated, @bugs- what i paid for them doesn't mean anything when i go to sell them, i bought them planning to use them, and like i said never got around to putting them on. you're just pissed cause you couldn't come up with the cash to buy them before i did or iddn't move fast enough. don't post crap in my threads just because you are pissed off.

i didn't ever say what i paid for them and it doesn't matter, if i got a good deal on them when i bought them for whatever reason (one of those reasons being that i bought other things from him at the same time so he gave me a better deal) that doesn't lower the condition, quality, demand for, or price of the ones i have. i posted what these sell for, eventually someone will buy them. also the price is obo and yes these DO go for $350-450 pretty quick so don't post crap, i did a search for how much these sell for, and priced accordingly. its called fair market value, for a friend i might go lower but i don't know you and you're acting like a douche so why do you think you deserve a better price? do you walk into a car dealership and tell them you know how much they bought their cars for and you don't want to pay more? and you know how much i paid for them? i don't even know that anymore, don't know how you would.

find me a set of these selling for $200 and maybe i'll consider your offer bugs. but seeing as how a single new pair of struts go for that much, a single pair of tophats goes for at least $75, and springs i'm sure i could get at least $50 if not more why would i sell lower? and yes i do have an offer for $150 for just the rears, i'm sure i could get about the same for the fronts or more for a complete set.
Buying used parts off forum members and turning around selling them for a profit (without doing work to improve them) is NOT the intended use of NASIOC free Classified system.

I've gone through this with other members.

If you paid $200 for them and have not substantially altered them in any way since then, you should be selling them for $200. Period.

This isn't Craigslist. We have seen members who look for great deals on used parts or desperate sellers, buy the parts, and turn around and try to make a profit on them shortly thereafter. I'm not accusing you of doing this regularly or anything, but even once is not going to be allowed.

You can sell them here for what you paid, or take your business elsewhere.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:31 PM   #9
wrxkyle
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (17)
 
Member#: 199635
Join Date: Jan 2009
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Provo, UT
Vehicle:
02-4 rSTI
White

Default

i don't know what i paid for them, and as i already stated i also bought other things from the seller at the same time that id didn't even need because that's what the seller demanded for the price we agreed on

if i buy a part for a killer deal and then find out its the wrong part do i have to pass that deal onto someone else and then pay full price for the right part? or do i sell the part for what it will sell for and then use that money to buy the right part? and what about the people that flip cars? if i have to regrease these (not hard) to sell at a decent price then i will, but my point isn't to try and take advantage of anyone on here and i don't use nasioc as a profit machine.

and i'm not selling at $200 people so don't pm me offering that, if i have to sell on ebay or craigslist fine but that's just people on here missing out on a suspension setup that's not so easy to come by in the first place.
wrxkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:39 PM   #10
Serkan
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (50)
 
Member#: 180514
Join Date: May 2008
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Windsor
Vehicle:
2004 Sti White

Default

That is not fair to the seller.

How do you know he didn't buy a combo package from the previous seller ? What if he bought a 6 speed transmission and the seller gave him the suspension free. So he has to sell it for free ?

Complete BS what you guys are talking here. It's free market, if someone doesn't like the price than they can act like this thread never existed.
Serkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:55 PM   #11
wrxkyle
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (17)
 
Member#: 199635
Join Date: Jan 2009
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Provo, UT
Vehicle:
02-4 rSTI
White

Default

^^^thank you. econ 101

even if the worst case scenario comes up, where some kid is desperate to pay rent and sells say, a 6 spd for $1500, and someone sees that deal and knows that they could make money off of it if they didn't end up using it themselves, which is the only reason they buy it. the seller can then pay his bills, and the buyer is motivated to purchase.

not buying because he could never resell so it's not worth his time to store the tranny would just screw over the seller and leave him evicted. both parties benefit. prices are determined by supply and demand, no one is being forced to sell or buy. please refer me to the section of the nasioc rules that says you can't sell something at a different price than you bought it for.

now i bought the suspension with every intention of using it, and am not a douche like in the scenario above, but bugs had just a good of a chance to buy it as i did so the question is why didn't he?
wrxkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:56 PM   #12
st165turbos
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (4)
 
Member#: 250598
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Gresham, Oregon
Vehicle:
04 Forester

Default

Gotta make your monies somehow... but just to let you know, I bought mines for $300 shipped
st165turbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:58 PM   #13
crxgator
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (12)
 
Member#: 39017
Join Date: Jun 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Kingston, NY
Vehicle:
2004 FXT

Default

This is the US, he can sell them for whatever he dam well wants to. Is it moral that he "may" be flipping them for profit, that's a whole other ballgame.
crxgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:49 PM   #14
wrxkyle
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (17)
 
Member#: 199635
Join Date: Jan 2009
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Provo, UT
Vehicle:
02-4 rSTI
White

Default

also i will entertain trades for a 38/44mm ewg + cash
wrxkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:20 PM   #15
BuGS
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (24)
 
Member#: 81353
Join Date: Feb 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: East Wenatchee, WA
Vehicle:
06 STI
Blackness...

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxkyle
now i bought the suspension with every intention of using it, and am not a douche like in the scenario above, but bugs had just a good of a chance to buy it as i did so the question is why didn't he?
Because the guy that you bought the setup for wasn't a douche. He was in the process of selling to you. I pmed and posted I had the money and was waiting.

And the only reason I called you out is because you were lying and saying you didn't know the condition. I remembered when you bought these cause I was looking at them, the question is why couldn't you remember? Or did you not want to so you could make more money... $200 for 70k miles and clunking is fair. $350 isn't.
BuGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:37 AM   #16
wrxkyle
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (17)
 
Member#: 199635
Join Date: Jan 2009
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Provo, UT
Vehicle:
02-4 rSTI
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuGS View Post
Because the guy that you bought the setup for wasn't a douche. He was in the process of selling to you. I pmed and posted I had the money and was waiting.

And the only reason I called you out is because you were lying and saying you didn't know the condition. I remembered when you bought these cause I was looking at them, the question is why couldn't you remember? Or did you not want to so you could make more money... $200 for 70k miles and clunking is fair. $350 isn't.

did i not update the post? when i bought them the price was good and i only needed a winter setup so i didn't really pay attention to or care about the miles or the condition. every set of these clunks, and it's an easy fix, take them apart and throw some grease on them. 1 bolt to remove, big deal. again a simple pm and i would have changed that info, instead you post all this bs in the thread, so don't call me a liar, i updated everything to reflect their condition as soon as you brought it up. in fact i don't even know if they really have 70k miles on them or if you are bs'ing that too to try and lower the price... but i listed them as such anyway.

AND ITS $350 OBO, SO DON'T WHINE ABOUT FAIR. fair is whatever someone is willing to pay, and what i'm willing to sell for. it's a free market, i have no obligation to sell at any specific price, nor does anyone have to buy at a specific price, this isn't communist Russia.

and i looked at what other setups were going for and set my price accordingly, so don't tell me what a good price is based on what you want to buy it as, I've done my research, i know what they are worth, and i listed them at a reasonable price, and obo, which means i am willing to negotiate.

one set with 40k miles listed at $400
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...sti+suspension

another set, not even with sti springs and with gc tophats also at $400
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...sti+suspension

and plenty of posts of just struts for about 200, one for struts that have 100k+ on them, are sticking, and need a rebuild. couldn't find any examples of a full set selling for $200 ever so bugs looks like you're SOL on this one.
wrxkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:27 PM   #17
Jubert39
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (55)
 
Member#: 155598
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Vernon Connecticut
Vehicle:
2004 AW Subaru WRX
JDM v7 STI spec-C

Default

OP is wrong for not stating the true condition, however he has every right to sell for watever price he wants. Why does it matter if he has its for $200 or $1000 even? Clearly, if the price is high, NOBODY will buy it, and OP would just be wasting his time... People will spend what they are willing to pay, does it really matter after that? I really dont think its fair that he has to sell something based on what they had priced it before. If i buy a set of BBS for $200 bucks from Nasiod, do NOT tell me that if I decide to sell on Nasioc I am obligated to set the price at $200. that just doesnt make sense.
Jubert39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:40 PM   #18
ecp_1991
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (5)
 
Member#: 227163
Join Date: Oct 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Upper MI
Vehicle:
03 WRX
wrb

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubert39 View Post
OP is wrong for not stating the true condition, however he has every right to sell for watever price he wants. Why does it matter if he has its for $200 or $1000 even? Clearly, if the price is high, NOBODY will buy it, and OP would just be wasting his time... People will spend what they are willing to pay, does it really matter after that? I really dont think its fair that he has to sell something based on what they had priced it before. If i buy a set of BBS for $200 bucks from Nasiod, do NOT tell me that if I decide to sell on Nasioc I am obligated to set the price at $200. that just doesnt make sense.
I wish I could (like) this! we need a like button on here! HA!!
ecp_1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:38 PM   #19
Serkan
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (50)
 
Member#: 180514
Join Date: May 2008
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Windsor
Vehicle:
2004 Sti White

Default

Misinformation or missing information ?

In his original post, if OP said the struts have no clunk and had only 40k that would be "WRONG"
Serkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:51 PM   #20
BuGS
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (24)
 
Member#: 81353
Join Date: Feb 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: East Wenatchee, WA
Vehicle:
06 STI
Blackness...

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxkyle
couldn't find any examples of a full set selling for $200 ever so bugs looks like you're SOL on this one.
You are an idiot. You got them for $220 along with a couple other things. No examples?

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2084656
Think before you try to make someone look dumb. "Ever" is a long time
BuGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:33 PM   #21
wrxkyle
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (17)
 
Member#: 199635
Join Date: Jan 2009
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Provo, UT
Vehicle:
02-4 rSTI
White

Default

well evidently i'm an idiot. still getting offers for these and most people are saying they could care less what they cost me.

they would be sold if shipping to canada wasn't almost $150


eff it i'll just make a new thread, bugs feel free to make offers through pm but don't bother posting in my threads. the mod thinks it's morally wrong to sell things for a profit so i won't bother taking this up with them. have a great day.

for everyone else i'll update this thread and the other when they are sold.
wrxkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 03:30 AM   #22
Zpurpz
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)
 
Member#: 257269
Join Date: Sep 2010
Default

Hello I am interested. shipping details to 92881 please
Zpurpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:09 AM   #23
wrxkyle
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (17)
 
Member#: 199635
Join Date: Jan 2009
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Provo, UT
Vehicle:
02-4 rSTI
White

Default

buyer backed out. still for sale

Last edited by wrxkyle; 03-15-2011 at 12:00 AM.
wrxkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:33 AM   #24
rafi03wrx
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)
 
Member#: 180730
Join Date: May 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza WRX
Yellow

Default

Could you tell me the actual condition of your suspension and whether it comes w struts, springs, and top hats?

Also a price w shipping to so cal would be appreciated.
rafi03wrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:26 PM   #25
wrxkyle
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (17)
 
Member#: 199635
Join Date: Jan 2009
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Provo, UT
Vehicle:
02-4 rSTI
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxkyle View Post

Hey I bought this as a winter setup and never bothered putting it on, full set of springs, struts, and top-hats for 04 sti,

evidently they could use a regreasing and have about 70k on them.
if you search regrease sti shocks you will see that the regreasing is just somethign that has to be done every now and then on sti struts, and can be simplified by adding a zerk/zerg grease fitting to the struts.

let me know if you are interested.
wrxkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: 04 sti stock tbe,bridgestone re70 set,04 sti struts,WTT/FS: 04 sti bbs silver awdm666 Tri-State Area Private Classifieds 47 03-01-2010 11:21 PM
FS: seats, 04 stock STi springs 30k, and 04 STi stock BOV MonsterHxC SCIC Private Classifieds 8 02-28-2010 03:17 PM
FS: 04 STi stock rear sway bar w/bushings; Stock STi Mid pipe/HKS muf; NOPI strut bar lmbmusic NESIC Private Classifieds 10 04-26-2006 05:40 PM
04 STI AP: $500 04 STI stock inj: $135 Trevor723 Private 'For Sale' Classifieds 10 10-27-2005 12:24 PM
Stock 04 STI Stock Turbo and Exhaust ScoobyFNG Private 'For Sale' Classifieds 1 04-30-2005 03:51 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.