Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday November 25, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 03-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #1
SATSTI
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 341814
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2013 STI
DGM

Default Powered subwoofer slide out of place and scratches paint on trunk bar when opened

Does anyone else have the Subaru powered subwoofer installed along with a Subaru all-weather trunk liner?

When the trunk had just the powered subwoofer everything was fine with the fitment of the subwoofer. After installing the all-weather liner, I opened the trunk up one day and the subwoofer has scraped along the outside of the mounting bar that holds the trunk cover to the car (as well as scratched up the subwoofer itself). So apparently the base of the sub slides back out and it sits against the trunk mounting bar when that happens.

I've tried to velcro the backside of it to the interior of the trunk liner--didn't work because it's not flush enough. Just wanted to see if anyone else had any ideas to keep the subwoofer in place.

Thanks!
SATSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:43 PM   #2
SATSTI
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2013 STI
DGM

I can't be the ONLY person with the subwoofer and trunk liner...no one else has experienced this?
Old 03-12-2013, 10:08 PM   #3
802-303
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 283194
Chapter/Region: RMIC

1.Trim trunk tray to fit flush with sub.
2.Close trunk, check clearance.
3.?????
4.Profit.

I swear I read somewhere in a Subaru brochure, trunk tray will not fit with factory subwoofer. I could be wrong. None the less, simple fix.
802-303 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:40 AM   #4
DavidCollins
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 350040
Vehicle:
2011 AUDI A8
BLACK

Cool

I installed a BOSE audio system and got the best performance. I used Sony Xplod amplifier in order to get better boost.
DavidCollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:57 AM   #5
Aaron'z 2.5RS
Scooby Guru

Member#: 1026
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
'00 RS/WRX Stg5
'98 RS Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidCollins View Post
I installed a BOSE audio system and got the best performance. I used Sony Xplod amplifier in order to get better boost.
Just stop now....

OP... L brackets and scews... ratchet straps.. pull sub, run screws through box, reinstall sub...
Aaron'z 2.5RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:04 PM   #6
SATSTI
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2013 STI
DGM

Thanks for the ideas fellas. I'll see what I can figure out. And it wouldn't surprise me if the brochure said the two wouldn't work together...though I didn't find anything as such. You'd think that would be a disclaimer on either one of the pieces.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:34 PM   #7
EuroSubi
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 341313
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
08' Impreza WRX
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATSTI View Post
Thanks for the ideas fellas. I'll see what I can figure out. And it wouldn't surprise me if the brochure said the two wouldn't work together...though I didn't find anything as such. You'd think that would be a disclaimer on either one of the pieces.
Yeah i could have swore i saw something like that too in their brochure but i geuss not and honestly bro screw a 10" get like a 14" duals and really shake that down.
EuroSubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #8
4getu
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 352456

I saw in the accessories catalog that the subwoofer cannot be used in conjunction with the cargo tray. The guy at the dealer told me to cut out the area of where the sub sits
4getu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:15 PM   #9
802-303
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 283194
Chapter/Region: RMIC

Post #3 for the win! (Sit's back in chair, triggers a slight grin.)
802-303 is online now   Reply With Quote