Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday July 23, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #1
wlcmetomcyds
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 335555
Vehicle:
1993 impreza

Default non wrx suspension question

I am looking into replacing my suspension on my 1993 Subaru impreza L. I found a set of coilover suspension on eBay, it says it is compatible with a 93 impreza wrx. My question is if it will work on my not wrx impreza?

For More info may car has:

rear drum brakes
13 in. Wheels
Non-abs
Front wheel drive

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
wlcmetomcyds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:16 PM   #2
razerv3c1
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 354933
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
98 wrx sti
white

just reply to the seller and ask, but if it was me id be iffy about buying off ebay. ive heard its sketch i guess just depends what you buy rly.
razerv3c1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:04 PM   #3
RSTM
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 204463
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2002 Legacy
Timberline Metallic

If you're looking to replace your suspension the best bang for your buck (depending on your intentions) are to purchase 4 new KYB GR2 struts. KYB sells products for ABS/NON-ABS vehicles.

If you're looking to lower your car substantially, coilovers are the way to go; BC, Tein, or Bilstein are all excellent companies.

If you just want the car to sit lower I suggest the Eibach kit or H&R's sport spring package. Eibach will take you down about 1" and the H&R's will take you down to approx. 2". Both are great springs that will certainly upgrade your stock suspension.

Other ways to upgrade your suspension are: new polyurethane bushings, sway bars, and bracing. I'd stay away from eBay for upgrade parts for your suspension. You really shouldn't mess around with these components. Your safety depends on it.

Good luck, PM me if you need any help, also check out RS25. That site has a lot of Impreza's like yours there, with a lot of information as well.
RSTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:51 PM   #4
Paul_impreza95
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 356472

If I buy lowering springs then later plan on getting bigger wheels will I need a camber kit to ?
Paul_impreza95 is offline   Reply With Quote