Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday August 30, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Archives > NASIOC Archives > SVX Forum Archive

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 11-16-2000, 09:27 AM   #1
Pski
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1696
Post Nissan vs Subaru Parts

Greetings,

Many have commented on Subaru's liberal use of Nissan parts/components when building the SVX?

Could we compile a list of Nissan parts known to be used in the SVX?

Also...if one has to replace a Nissan part...would it be cheaper to purchase it from Nissan or Subaru?

One more thing...if the transmission is common to the Nissan 300 ZX could we use transmission performance parts designed for the 300Z? I think this has been addressed before on the Yahoo! board but I recall the answer being somewhere between -- "I don't know" and "probably".

Pski
Old 11-16-2000, 11:05 AM   #2
CRZ_MSL
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1610
Lightbulb

You need not only the parts numbers for the parts on the respective vehicles, but the actual part number assigned to the part.

For instance, our front brake rotors are common to a Nissan Pathfinder, but if you look up the parts numbers in the respective vehicle manuals, they will not be the same.

I guess they key we weould look for is "dimensionally identical". For most parts this is sufficient.

AFAIK (Sorry, don't have the part numbers on me)
Rear differential: Sylvia, possibly Skyline. Not the same as 300ZX.
Air filter: 300Z (not 300ZX), Sylvia.
Front brake rotors: Nissan Pathfinder (per Bradi of Italy)
Center door lock switch: Previous version Maxima/Bluebird
HVAC: Infiniti I30?
ECU/TCU: Nissan for certain, don't know if any particular model
Transmission: Like duh
Front struts: 99% dimensionally identical to Impreza units, but different rates. Not shared with Pathfinder, Maxima/Bluebird, 240SX/Sylvia, Q45/President. I could not find a picture of Skyline shocks to do a comparo.

We know the rear wheel bearings are shared with something, we just don't know what.

You know the diagnostic port? Nissans have them too. Anything that plugs into the Nissan port (like a Tectom unit) should plug into ours as well. Apexi used to make a neato Nissan specific computer. Used to.
Old 11-16-2000, 07:08 PM   #3
Pski
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1696
Greetings,

I contacted Stillen (Nissan Tuner) and got the following reply:

"Thank you for your interest in Stillen! Sorry to disappoint you, but we do
not know which parts were shared between the vehicles so we do not know if any of our parts will be applicable. If you could tell us exactly what parts were shared, we could tell you definitely what we have."

So...any ideas?

Pski