Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday July 22, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > Other Engine Management

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 09-30-2005, 11:36 PM   #1
marc l
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 84592
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
1993 impreza WRX
SILVER

Default problem with my hydra

hey whats up
i have a 99 subaru impreza with a custom turbo kit and i was running the hydra system. i was running okie. by okie i mean that it had its tuning glitches and what not... anywayz the last couple days it would start to act up. i knew it was working okie when the check engine light was on but it would all of a sudden just die!... and go back on! well yesterday i was driving home and POW same thing... this time it just didnt restart. it flat out died. i went back 2day with my laptop to see if there was a chance of getting the pos. to work but the software kept saying that i wasnt connected to the comp. so far my experince with this system has just been horrible. it has never seemed to work properly since the first day ive used it. anywayz im hoping someone on this site MIGHT be able to give me a hand. since as it sits now i have a 1500 dollar paper wieght thats worth a throw into a brick wall.

ANY help would be great!
thanks
marc l
TWE engine tech
marc l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 11:18 AM   #2
Element Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 54918

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc l
hey whats up
i have a 99 subaru impreza with a custom turbo kit and i was running the hydra system. i was running okie. by okie i mean that it had its tuning glitches and what not... anywayz the last couple days it would start to act up. i knew it was working okie when the check engine light was on but it would all of a sudden just die!... and go back on! well yesterday i was driving home and POW same thing... this time it just didnt restart. it flat out died. i went back 2day with my laptop to see if there was a chance of getting the pos. to work but the software kept saying that i wasnt connected to the comp. so far my experince with this system has just been horrible. it has never seemed to work properly since the first day ive used it. anywayz im hoping someone on this site MIGHT be able to give me a hand. since as it sits now i have a 1500 dollar paper wieght thats worth a throw into a brick wall.

ANY help would be great!
thanks
marc l
TWE engine tech
Is this an Element Tuning Hydra EMS? I don't think it is as I would have heard from you but if so I can help you out but otherwise you'll have to contact the dealer you purchased it from for assistance.

Depending on what base map is in there it could be 1000 different things. A stand-alone is only as good as the tune it contains. Garbage in means garbage out! You may have bitten off more than you can chew as purchasing a stand-alone without a good base map and adequate tech support is a recipe for disappointment.

There are customers who are very good with tuning the Hydra and I'm sure if you provide a data log they'll try to help you out. If you cannot work this out yourself or through your dealer I do offer a support package with Element Tuning base maps and tech support but you may be better off putting that money towards a custom tune. You can also post on the Hydra EMS forums.

Thanks,
Phil
www.elementtuning.com
Element Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 12:47 AM   #3
marc l
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 84592
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
1993 impreza WRX
SILVER

hey sorry phil yesterday i was quite annoyed at the hydra system after it left me stranded across my city.
anywayz i'll try to explain the situation a bit more
the problem with the system wasnt that it isnt tuned right, its that it just completly died. it gets no power to the box no matter what car you plug it into. i originally got the system from andrew nam. maybe if you have heard of the problem b4 and have any info that would be great.
thanks
marc l
marc l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 09:41 AM   #4
Element Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 54918

Check the main relay wire that powers the Hydra and make sure it's not loose, broken, or pinched etc. If you don't know what wire this is give Andrew at Hydra EMS a call and I'm sure he'll help you out.

Good luck.
Phil
www.elementtuning.com
Element Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote