Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday October 25, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Legacy Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 08-24-2000, 08:12 AM   #1
RandyF

Member#:
Post My *new* Wagon...

Ok... well, not new per se, but hot-damn.

University Subaru in Seattle called me at 3pm yesterday and told me that my car was ready, and I asked when I would have to bring it back to get the new parts put in, they were like: "No, it is *ready*, all work done". <sound of jaw dropping>

So, $800 worth of warranty work later, done the day I brought it in: Repaced faulty Air/Fuel Sensor and replaced the Engine Control Module.

Let's just say that I did not recognise my car while I drove it home. Throttle response: fast, Torque: pulls, and just feels great overall. And Bob: you asked about the symptoms, read the other post for what they are, but they come on *slow*, like over months... I did not realize how bad it had gotten until it was fixed (I should have listened to Euroauto and taken it in sooner!).

Got home, had some dinner, and then went back to work on the "other" stuff:
First was the Kartboy short-shifter. Took about 20 minutes to install, very easy. It popped right in with Kartboy's trick: put the shift knob on the new shifter, set it in the socket, and slam with the heel of your hand straight down on the shifter... no problem. The shift is so short now I don't know what to do with myself. I'll put the bushings in this weekend when I can get it up on some jack-stands, and review monday.

Last and far from least: I put my HomeDepot intake back on. It took much longer than usual because I took a full roll of pictures... every step documented. I'll write up a HowTo after I get the pics scanned.

So, in conclusion: my wagon is back to *way* better than normal. I took it for a drive and it is running like a dream...

Enough of my ramblings for now...

A
Old 08-24-2000, 09:21 AM   #2
DLC
out back

Member#: 1964
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
01 BH
Blue/Bronze

Sounds cool, can't wait to see the pics!

Do you have a page will all of this stuff? I don't think i've seen it...
DLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2000, 09:28 AM   #3
RandyF

Member#:
Here are the Latest Pics taken after the RallyX... I'll have more up eventually.

A
Old 08-24-2000, 09:30 AM   #4
Subie Gal
GC84Ever
Super Moderator

Member#: 301
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
1970 FF-1 & '70 Van
02 WRX/01 RS

Wink

Andy!!!!

yeah baby!!

too cool!!

can't wait to see da green scoob in action!!

j.
Subie Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2000, 11:47 AM   #5
gtguy
Scooby Guru

Member#: 2184
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT wagon
Platinum Silver Metallic

I can report the same experience with my '98 GT wagon. Took it in for the 30K checkup, and to complain about the worsening hesitation issues. They did the same thing as on yours, in addition to the comprehensive 30K checkover/maintenance, and installing a set of P7000 SuperSports.

What a difference! It actually feels better than I can recall it feeling even when new. Launch is much better, and everything is smoother and faster. It is funny how your car gradually deteriorates in performance, and you don't really notice it until you take it in for a good servicing.
gtguy is offline   Reply With Quote