Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday July 25, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Normally Aspirated Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2005, 09:07 PM   #1
homurcules
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 65183
Vehicle:
99 rs
aspen

Default some fluid leaking probs w/pics

so, i had some cams put in a few months ago. since then, id smell oil burning when i was stopped at lights and the such. reall faint. i checked my oil quite often, but didnt took a long time for it to show it being low. and that was also while being on a 3 week road trip of about 8 hours driving days. i had the oil changed after about 2 weeks. and right after that it leaked more even oil. before that, it only leaked while i was driving. after the oil change, it leaked even while it was parked. a month later, its back to just leaking while i drive. now its also leaking antifreeze. more often, and more than the oil. i took a look underneath... it apears that its all comeing from somewhere under the timing belt cover, where it meets the block. the oil drips right onto the header, and thats why i smell the oil when i stop. mostly the same for the antifreeze. the guys who did the cams, also put in new gaskets for anything they took apart. one of those guys is a suby mech at my local dealership.

i had the cams, valve springs, valve retainers, new clutch, flywheel and new timing belt all installed at the same time. do you think the leaking is from something they did when installing all that? is take it back to them to look at, but that was all when i lived in NY, now i live in new mexico.

here are some pics of where its leaking from... also, i looked all over, and i couldnt see anywhere else on the block that is wet. not near the heads or valve covers, a little at the front of the oil pan and block, but that i think is from where its coming from, from under the timing belt cover. also, i kinda dont think it wol dbe leaking antifreeze from the oilpan gasket.

any feedback is really appreciated!
homurcules is offline   Reply With Quote