Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday August 29, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Proven Power Bragging

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2005, 10:58 PM   #1
Adam P
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 49436
Default PDX visits Texas! Updated time slip from drag strip on page 2

The Gents at PDX came to Texas for three days to run a tuning session at FIS in Dallas Texas. Close to 18 cars were PROFESSIONALY tuned to damn near perfection, regardless of the heat.

Jarrad and Tim of PDX tuned my car and all other's at that. My car is an 05 STI with a monster list of goodies. With Tim working the lap top and Jarrad making adjustments to the Avc-r boost control and working the dyno they were able to make me gin from ear to ear when they handed me the dyno sheet!

Here are some details:
2005 STI with 8400 miles:
*FP Green with 3' inlet
*Perrin mod injectors
*Perrin 3' inlet hose
*Perrin limits edition FMIC from PDX
*Perrin big maf
*High pressure fuel pump
*APS tgv delete kit
*C0bb catted dp*****
*Cobb cat back
*Cobb ap with Pro tune
*One step colder plugs
*Avc-r boost contoler

Tim was kind enough to follow up 3 hours of dyno work with a 15 min ride to monitor the car. The car was heat soaked while on the dyno so it took almost twice the setup time to tune my car, they had no problems getting it done! The dyno below is actually from the next day after the car had a chance to be driven and cool down. He also took the time to setup my boost controler the following day after a few dyno runs when he had a free moment. There was no way I would have been able to setup the learning and all that jazz in 10 min like he could.

Here it is:

The car runs GREAT. It runs like a stock car with the exception of all that power. The boost in this dyno is near 21 psi or so at max. On the road the load was very different but the car is tuned for 22 psi and on the road the car see's 22 psi all day long.

Tim provided me with 3 maps, the base "conserative tune" and 2 additional real time map's that are each a step more aggressive and will require some race gas to ensure saftey, havent used them yet but plan too soon with some race gas!

I cant express how happy I am with the car. After owning quite the aray of cars over the past years, to include an 05 elise, 00 m coupe, 04 sti, and others, I can say that no modifications and or tuning has worked out so well in both performance per dollar and/or final results. I actually got 320 miles out of the tank of gas while driving like a moron at 20 psi on the highway in 5th and 6th!

The strangest thing about this hole thing is this, the front tires spin in first and in second while WOT acceleration. Dont understand how its possible, but its repeatable over and over!

** when and if I ever change anything on my car you can bet I'll be setting up a 2 day tuning weeking with the fellas of PDX. The costs were relative to my results and directly inline with SIZE OF MY SMILE! These guys at PDX are delivering smiles all over the USA, just have to call and setup the deal!

Thanks guys,

Adam P....
From 9k miles to 30k in a month with all the driving I am doing!!

Last edited by Adam P; 10-28-2005 at 07:31 PM. Reason: added time slip from first time out!
Adam P is offline   Reply With Quote